Advertisement

Author Topic: How fast is your "download" Comcast internet speed?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline fareastlee

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
How fast is your "download" Comcast internet speed?
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »
I want to know how fast everyone's download speed compared to mine. I'm on a 20mbps plan but I don't get anything near 20mbps, I get 3.7mbps max. Please don't give me your speed test result cause that's BS, I want max download speed, like when you download a big file where does it max out. I tried downloading 5 files at a time and it just divides my max speed of 3mbps. I don't want to pay for something that I'm not getting.  >:(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: How fast is your "download" Comcast internet speed?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 08:48:15 PM »
Mine is 50mps.  I can dl 5 files with no problem, but I never had any problems even when I had 20mps.  It's still decently fast.

jetter

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:32:49 PM »
Yeah i'm with you...i'm on their supposedly 20mbs line but get max out at around 3mbs, on some weekends, I won't even get close to that.  Aint gonna get faster than that for me. Back when the max was 6mbs... I was actually getting very close to that speed.  Yeah speed test doesn't mean much.

obscurity

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 12:50:35 AM »
if you want more accuracy use http://testmy.net/download and choose the 200mb file

also i hope you guys know theres a different between 20mbps and actual MB,
aka 20Mbps is only 2.5MBs

bruisedknee

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 11:27:26 PM »
i get 3 to 3.5 on a good connection, on a 30meg line

good explanation by KBW, your actual speed is the advertised speed divided by 8

compared to the days when we actually waited 30 min to an hr or longer to DL a single mp3, we've come a long way

timkuv

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »
Upstream and Downstream are different from uploading and downloading.  Upstream/downstream is like traffic.  Downloading/upload is like downloading a file from the web.  When they say 30 mbps upstream they are talking about traffic on the web like streaming movies or videos, playing games, browsing all that stuff.  Downloads are about a fraction of the actual upstream/downstream as what someone said earlier.  about 1/8th is dedicated for file download or something.

Advertisements