Advertisement

Author Topic: Just Installed Intake On My Ford Escape  (Read 7597 times)

Hitokiri

Just Installed Intake On My Ford Escape
« on: May 22, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »
Yay me! Next engine mods - larger intercooler and Denso "step colder" sparkplugs.  O0

If you're wondering the decals give me 20 HP....EACH!  ;)

And this is how it sounds like. Yes...the video is of a Ford Focus ST but same motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK9bfnUjK7E

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:01:11 PM by Hitokiri »

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Just Installed Intake On My Ford Escape
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:26:21 PM »
Go get a video of the intake...

We'll have an intake showdown.

If you're going denso... I'd say go with the iridium's... it'll change the way you think about spark plugs.   Only denso's, not the NGK's.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:58:41 AM »
Go get a video of the intake...

We'll have an intake showdown.

If you're going denso... I'd say go with the iridium's... it'll change the way you think about spark plugs.   Only denso's, not the NGK's.

Haha..Okay Poster but the video I posted up above is basically how my Escape sounds now.

And yes the Denso plugs I'm going to get are iridium one step colder plugs.

http://www.edgeautosport.com/manufacturers/denso/denso-iridium-power-spark-plug-itv22/

Hitokiri

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »
No no no..  That won't do, you need to do it while under load!

But that is fine for now I guess, I think it's too quiet. 

Is that a K&N filter system?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »
Alot of hiss though, that's a good thing.

Hitokiri

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »
No no no..  That won't do, you need to do it while under load!

But that is fine for now I guess, I think it's too quiet. 

Haha..if you say so. I like it.

Is that a K&N filter system?

It's made by a company called Steeda. They specialize in Ford cars.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »
Ah yes, good ole steeda.  I too am familiar with the brand.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »
Here we go, I just threw my gopro beside the abs system, it's right beside the intake, the intake is covered of course.  So, it probably won't sound as loud as yours.  But give it a listen!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:29:33 PM by thePoster »

panda

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »
Why are you getting colder plugs already?   You know it will hurt performance if it's not needed.   

Hitokiri

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »
Why are you getting colder plugs already?   You know it will hurt performance if it's not needed.   

For some reason the Ford motors respond very well to step colder sparkplugs. It responds so well in fact that even in factory upgrades one or two step colder sparkplugs are included in the kits. Not to add that I am going to gain a lot of power from the tune and by having colder sparkplugs it may prevent things like knock or uneven combustion.

Hitokiri

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 08:16:23 PM »
Here we go, I just threw my gopro beside the abs system, it's right beside the intake, the intake is covered of course.  So, it probably won't sound as loud as yours.  But give it a listen!

All I could hear was VTEC.   ;D ;) O0

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 07:41:39 PM »
So did you get those plugs put in or not?

You're going to be thinking "he's right, you really do feel a difference".

And you'll know what the "burn" is that I've always talked about...  once you step on the pedal, you'll just feel the engine "burning" fuel. 

Say for example..

Stock plugs or non Denso Iridium-When you step on the pedal halfway... you feel a a burn... but if you step past the halfway, there's no more burn... it's like a sort of lag, like you dont feel any thing else different from the halfway point, you don't feel like it's doing more..

Denso Iridiums-press to the halfway point..you feel a burn... press all the way down, you just feel the engine burning and keep burning...

You'll know what I'm talking about when you get it put in.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 07:42:22 PM »
Oh by the way, I didn't get to hit vtec but once in that video unfortunately and when I did it just got to 5-6k. 

Hitokiri

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »
So did you get those plugs put in or not?

I well but after I get my aftermarket front mount intercooler and my programmer. I'm not getting colder plugs for horsepower per say. I'm getting more to protect my motor when because the tune I want to get is pretty aggressive. Colder plugs well help with detonation and well help keep things safe for a good price. Plus the tuner I'm going to well not do a tune without cold sparkplugs since he believes in them.

I'll give updates when I have everything. I hope to get everything in line by the end of summer but if I'm really good I'll get everything done by the end of June just in tme for dyno days.  ;D

Advertisements