Advertisement

Author Topic: Amatuer baller vs organized baller...  (Read 1425 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Amatuer baller vs organized baller...
« on: May 26, 2014, 12:26:59 PM »
Amatuer as in... never played any organized sports... as in only like black top basketball, etc etc...

Organized as in... well like schools and stuff like that with ref's and jersey's and set schedules witch coaches and practices etc etc.....not talking about leagues or tournaments either...

I'm the amatuer and my friend's the organized..

I think it's funnie, we both think that we're the better passer and the other one is the worser.

every now and then we play ball together... we've only met for like a year now and don't know each other's  game at all.  Different basketball backgrounds

Me: You can't pass the ball.
Him: YOu can't pass the ball.
Me: your passes never on target, it's like arm length away.
Him: What are you talking about? I always lead you to the basket.
Him: You're suppose to run through.
Me: Well if I'm standing why are you throwing the ball 4-5 feet away from me?
Me: You're a horrible passer.
Him: Me?  You're always trying to pass it into traffic.

and the debate goes on and on and on...

Different strokes for Different folks I guess.

Who's to say who's right and who's wrong, we just have a different way of thinking and playing when it comes to bball. 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Amatuer baller vs organized baller...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »
From only the quotes, it's too difficult to say who is right or wrong, or if both are right or wrong.  There are too many situations to account for. 

Generally speaking though, you don't lead someone 5 feet unless it's a play everyone knows, and that usually excludes pickup games.  5 feet is kinda far; the receiving player should be moving or pinning.  For a 6 footer, 5 feet is about two steps away.  If you're standing on the wing waiting for a catch and shoot, taking 2 steps to get the ball seems unreasonable.  Even taking one step for a catch and shoot is too much.  The pass should be dead on so the sharp shooter can do his thing. 

A good pass depends on the game.  Being a good passer means understanding the game you're playing and the people you're playing with.  If you're playing with a big jumper, you should be lobbing it.  That's a good pass.  Making the same pass with someone who can't jump is a bad pass. 

Amatuer as in... never played any organized sports... as in only like black top basketball, etc etc...

Organized as in... well like schools and stuff like that with ref's and jersey's and set schedules witch coaches and practices etc etc.....not talking about leagues or tournaments either...

I'm the amatuer and my friend's the organized..

I think it's funnie, we both think that we're the better passer and the other one is the worser.

every now and then we play ball together... we've only met for like a year now and don't know each other's  game at all.  Different basketball backgrounds

Me: You can't pass the ball.
Him: YOu can't pass the ball.
Me: your passes never on target, it's like arm length away.
Him: What are you talking about? I always lead you to the basket.
Him: You're suppose to run through.
Me: Well if I'm standing why are you throwing the ball 4-5 feet away from me?
Me: You're a horrible passer.
Him: Me?  You're always trying to pass it into traffic.

and the debate goes on and on and on...

Different strokes for Different folks I guess.

Who's to say who's right and who's wrong, we just have a different way of thinking and playing when it comes to bball. 

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »
Skill is only part of the game. The key is knowing how to play the game. By this, I'm talking about knowing the rules. If someone knows how to play the game, then they can play with anyone.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »
The difference is how much time you get to hold the ball.  If street ball, I'm hogging it and only pass it when I'm in trouble.  Who is going to bench me and stop me for street balling?  ha  :2funny:

organized baller has to run around like there is a play setting him up to do.  If you put this same organize baller on the field with 4 other street ballers, he will be running but he will not get to touch the ball.  Only 1 guy running around like there is a play going will not cut it.

organized baller has better vision and learned not to force a shot but to try to create a shot based upon the organized playbook.  Pick and roll and what not. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements