Advertisement

Author Topic: So anyways....I was playing basketball yesterday and....  (Read 1251 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
So anyways....I was playing basketball yesterday and....
« on: August 15, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
After the game... I had a conversation with a friend of mine about the guys that play ball.

And it was about all the hard fouls.

After a point, it's not even fouls anymore.

And we both agree, after a point, it's not even playing basketball anymore.

I understand that sometimes a team doesn't want to lose, and if a bigger guy is going to score on the smaller guy, he has no other option than to foul the guy to prevent the basket and to make sure that the shot doesn't have a chance to go in he's got to foul the guy hard,  but there's no need to try to hurt the guy. 

I say, just let the guy go ahead and score, it's not that serious.  It's one thing if you're trying to go for the ball, but it's another if you're just grabbing the guy's arm and flinging them to the ground or just blatantly push them.  The guy is in the air and can't protect himself.  He's going to get hurt.

One of my team mate goes for a lay up, he's bigger than the defender, so the defender grabs his arm and flings him to the ground, I thought my team mate got hurt... fortunately he was ok.  He didn't get mad.  I know I would've been a bit upset. 

Another time, I went for and easy shot, and while I was in the air, that same guy pushed me hard on my arm I fell on the ground, luckily I was able to keep balance and landed on two feet though. 

The guy doesn't even go for the ball.  He just pushes or and pulls and wraps people up... that's not even basketball. 

I personally am trying to go for the ball, I'm never trying to hurt anyone, but this guy... man he's just crazy. 

If you're going to challenge a guy, challenge him and go for the ball, don't just blatantly try to hurt them, or just let them have the point.

If you get scored on, you just suck on defense, if you get blown by, you just suck, just deal with it or get better, there's no need to try to hurt that guy that just schooled you.  And if you're too small, well just get out of the way or at least go for the ball and not trying to hurt people.

I was telling my friend sometimes I hate playing with those guys becuase sometimes when I go for a lay up or I get inside the paint or beat someone off the dribble and about to do a lay up... then I feel someone just grab my arm or waist and pull me back...

C'mon, what is this? Football or basketball.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: So anyways....I was playing basketball yesterday and....
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 11:14:57 PM »
In many pickup games, people have this mentality that it's okay to hit bigger guys, but that's just bad sportsmanship.  Bigger guys don't always go all out when playing against smaller guys, so it's not really alright to think that way.  If a small guy thinks he can hit and grab a big guy, the big guy should mow the small guy down....if just once to teach the lesson. 

Going hard for the ball and going hard for the person are entirely differently.  If the guy you are playing with is tackling players, I am surprised no one tackled him back on the other side...if just once to teach the lesson. 

There is no shame is getting beat on  a play.  A good play is a good play, and it's just a pickup game.  People shouldn't feel the need to do hard fouls because there is no ref and no one gets a free throw out of it.  There were guys who would do hard hits on me after I took a 3 pointer.  Granted I made a few already, but what is the point of fouling me after I shot the ball?  I never call fouls and the ball is going in anyways. 

Are these the same guys you wrote about before?  Why not just do the same thing to them...if just once to teach the lesson. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
Unfortunately it's the same guys.

There are no other people to play against. 

I might have to join a league or something. 

I'm not a dirty player so I won't/don't do that to them.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »
If they only play among themselves, then I guess it's just they way they play.  Hopefully they don't play elsewhere and someone really hurts them. 

Unfortunately it's the same guys.

There are no other people to play against. 

I might have to join a league or something. 

I'm not a dirty player so I won't/don't do that to them.

Advertisements