Advertisement

Author Topic: What do you guys think of the "new" iPhone (6 and 6 Plus)?  (Read 1703 times)

nraughmoobmuas

What do you guys think of the "new" iPhone (6 and 6 Plus)?
« on: September 11, 2014, 07:45:14 PM »
Apple finally got with the program, but still making subpar specs phones with features from 2011. Apple will wait a while to use 2012 features/technology in iPhone 7, 2013 and 2014 technology in iPhone 8.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys think of the "new" iPhone (6 and 6 Plus)?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »
iphone 6 = fail

Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

N`Chync

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 12:12:59 AM »
Gotta remember Apple only makes phones once a year. Android has phones coming out all the time from high end phones to garbage phones. Most of the mid level to low end Android phones never come to the US because all the blind Android Fan boys want are the mainstream phones. The US don't even get the best versions of the Galaxy phones. But people don't keep up with the other phones anyways or they would know about them.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:15:56 AM by N`Chync »

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 10:31:36 AM »
It's been love/hate with my hypePhone 6.

None of my shortcut phrases transferred when I restored to this new phone so I had to manually re-enter them. Today, after having them work for 2 weeks, they all disappeared.  >:(

iOS 8.1 can't get here fast enough.

On a side note, my cousin's Galaxy s5 sucks at mass texting with our group. Samsung maxes out at 10 ppl. Cannot display gifs. He'l always has trouble reading older texts and has sent duplicate texts many times.  ::)

N`Chync

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 12:42:01 PM »
That's why I have both iOS and Android. They both have good things and their shortcomings. It's like having cars. Gotta have your normal every day car (Android) and your sports car (iPhone). Like how people have a Honda Civic and I rather have a  Honda s2000.

N`Chync

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 12:45:32 PM »
My Note 3 posses me off. Had 32 GB of internal memory and I have a 64 GB SD card. The phone keeps deleting the SD card. I was never fan of SD cards. That's why my iPhones were always 32 and 64 GB.

N`Chync

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 12:48:02 PM »
Wanna see subpar specs on a phone check out the Samsung Galaxy Mega LMAO!!!!

Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 truly deserves its name for its among the largest handsets to ever see the light of day sporting a massive 6.3-inch 720p screen. Providing processing power is a dual-core 1.7GHz processor backed up by 1.5GB of RAM for smooth multitasking performance. With an 8-megapixel camera on its back, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 should be a decent snapper given the right circumstances, while that 1.9MP front-facing cam will come in handy when you're in the mood for a video chat. There are also 8 or 16 gigs of on-board storage, 3200 mAh battery and LTE connectivity.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:51:19 PM by N`Chync »

minorcharacter

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »
Apple's more of a software company that sells consoles however because of that their firmware for the phone is made to run on very specific hardware and I suppose they do a good (enough) job of that.  I think the real question here would be how is everyone liking the new iOS update and how well does it run on their new phone.

Envy2

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 02:20:37 PM »
In terms of features they are behind android. All the stuff the Iphone 6 had the nexus 4/5 had 4 years ago. How would like a car that just advertise how awesome power steering is after everyone else already had it out for 2-4 years. Not so awesome anymore eh? I have a Iphone 4S and 5S and they are no different from each other. The new iphone is no different just bigger screen.

N`Chync

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 06:15:09 PM »
Luxury cars don't need to advertise and push as hard as normal cars. When's the last time u see advertisement for a Honda S2000? When's the last time u seen Apple include any reference to Android in their commercials? It doesn't matter if the Nexus had stuff before the iPhone 6. No one really buys the Nexus line of phones anyways. The Nexus phone was suppose to give Google the opportunity to sell the phone they want without carrier restrictions and from their own Google brand stores. So Google learned and just release the Nexus phones for the hardcore fan who actually wants one just like Google makes the Play versions of popular Android phones in case the hardcore fan wants to buy a Samsung Galaxy or HTC One with a "pure" Android experience but without all the selling points of the original phones.

I collect both iPhones and Androids. Androids in their respective price range or all the same. I chose the HTC One because it stood out with the stereo speakers and I didn't want to get a iPhone 5S since I already had a iPhone 5. I only get the top phones from Apple, HTC, and Samsung. Samsung learned a lot manufacturing parts for Apple's iPhone and it shows in their Galaxy line. They just make a good phone and add a little with each update and a bigger change every other update. The Galaxy S3 wasn't much different from the S4 and the S5 isn't much different from the S4. The Galaxy Note is just a bigger version of them. They also just look like how a iPhone would look on Android since they converted to the iPhone home button setup. I have the first Galaxy S and it looks nothing like the rest of the Galaxy series.

People want to bring up how the iPhone 6 has simular specs and stuff as the Nexus 4 yet they don't want to see that Apple is able to make those specs work better than Android did. Doubt the Nexus 4 can put up comparable benchmark numbers. For a dual-core it still faster a lot of quad-cores.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review/5

With iPhones I know what I'm getting when I buy it. A phone not made out of plastic with a ton of useless features that Just drain my battery. Good thing for custom ROMs. With Android's cookie cutter system u don't know what you will get or when you will get it like the newest OS.

In the end both companies have their good and their bad. that's why I don't blindly defend either. I get both and hack my phones.

N`Chync

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 06:36:32 PM »
Apple's more of a software company that sells consoles however because of that their firmware for the phone is made to run on very specific hardware and I suppose they do a good (enough) job of that.  I think the real question here would be how is everyone liking the new iOS update and how well does it run on their new phone.
Apple focuses just as much on hardware as software. That's why everything they sell is their own proprietary hardware along with their software. They dont license their software out like Android and they have their own access to hardware. In the past Apple would license their processors from ARM just like Samsung, HTC, and anyone in the smartphone business. From the iPhone 5 Apple started making their own processors which is why their dual-core processors are performing so well while everyone else uses the same processors, some at different speed made mostly by Qualcomm. Samsung makes processors but being a Korean company they either can't figure out how to get it compatible over her or they don't care. International versions of the Galaxy phones perform better than their US counterparts. Also they don't have the license like Apple to make their own custom processors.

N`Chync

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »
Don't mind me lol. Sick in bed and been working on my phones.

Advertisements