Advertisement

Author Topic: Is Chu Dynasty belongs to the Hmong people?  (Read 5581 times)

TheAfterLife

Is Chu Dynasty belongs to the Hmong people?
« on: October 15, 2014, 04:31:39 PM »
I was wondering if this is true? Correct me if I am wrong, but I know the San Miao came after the Chu. I believe we have 3 dynasty that has fallen, which Chi You, Chu, and the San Miao.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +382
    • View Profile
Re: Is Chu Dynasty belongs to the Hmong people?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »
I love Miao girls. Muaj ib hnub twg kuv mus nrhiav puas tim Suav teb.  O0

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 02:03:46 AM »
I was wondering if this is true? Correct me if I am wrong, but I know the San Miao came after the Chu. I believe we have 3 dynasty that has fallen, which Chi You, Chu, and the San Miao.

I hope you refer State of Chu. Since there is no dynasty during the Warring State.

Short Answer: No.
Medium Answer: It's complicated. Not really.

Chu was consider by many such as Hmong, Han and Chu Natives. As it expanded it became an enemy of Hmong. So it's not Hmong. It is speculate that Chu Native chose not to assimilate became founders of San Miao. As for Chi You. No he isn't really Hmong ancestor. If you really want to know what does Yawg mean in Chinese. Yuan is the correct term. When Hmong meant Txiv Yawg we meant origin, not really grandpa. Meaning that Txiv Yawg or his descendant adopted the Chinese word Yuan. Back to Chi You. Chi You surname is speculate to be Jiang which is similar to the Qiangic. Note: Not the modern Qiangic people.

As for Chi You there is no story about him Hmong. Only Huangdi and Yandi. Interestingly Huangdi means Faajtim and Yandi means Yaajtim. My mother usually refer their name during her ritual. Meaning Huangdi and Yandi are not bad mythic people in Hmong culture.

As Txiv Yawg the only story closest to him is Genghis Khan. But that is a whole different topic.

PS: I use to believe all these three subjects were Hmong but as I play around with Chinese character. I starting to doubt it.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:55:14 AM by dlabtsi_os »

Test your might!

chidorix0x

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 04:00:41 AM »

First of all, you need to get your CHRONOLOGY straight so that in making these kinds of baseless supposition, you will at least sound somewhat informed/educated -- and of sound mind.  Otherwise, those who know (and have researched) sound scholarships will simply  :2funny: at your  :idiot2:  ...  kekeke  ...   8)  (Based on your incoherent CHRONOLOGY, it would seem (and is most evident) your elementary knowledge/info is most likely rooted/based on Wiki, internet sites/forums, Western/Eastern Hmong/Miao hearsay, and the motley of Utube videos peppered throughout the web like fairy dusts  ...   ::))

Secondly, there is/are NO CONCLUSIVE evidence, facts, data (historical or modern presentday research/records) to show, suggest, or most importantly PROVE that any and all 3 states; Chu, San Miao, and Chi You is Hmong whatsoever.  That is purely speculative.  Why?  Mainly and simply because it is a KNOWN FACT that none of them, these 3 states, are Chinese (Han or Manchu) period whatsoever.  Just because they ARE NOT Chinese does not make them Hmong though, by default.  That logic/rationale is ridiculous to say the least.  And especially with regards to the Chu State/Kingdom; it is without a doubt, and is believed/accepted by Western and Eastern scholars alike globally that it definitely IS NOT Chinese (Han or Manchu).  Again, that does not make it Hmong whatsoever either.  (Yes, all of this is based/rooted in historical and modern research/records/scholarships that anyone can easily research versus hearsay, or Internet mumbo-jumbo.)

Lastly, I highly recommend (suggest) any of you who is remotely interested in Hmong/Miao studies/history, to excercise some common sense and a bit of proactive researching yourselves; NOT purely vest whatever you think you know in/on Internet whatever etc., to get a better understanding and more well-rounded knowledgebase first and foremost versus making these types of borderline idiotic rants  ...  KEKEKE  ...   O0

HINT:  In its CORRECT chronology; the 3 states (or kingdoms) are 1.  Chi You (who fought against and lost to Huangdi and Yangdi), 2.  San Miao, and 3.  the Chu State/Kingdom during the Warring States Era, popularized in a video game called "Romance of the 3-Kingdoms" among other name/titles.  (Heck!  Even Jet Li's movie, "Hero", touched on this time period, if you knew/had known your Chinese aniquity.)

***  And "NO", the Hmong/Mong word/appellation "Txiv Yawg" does not equate to "Chi You" whatsoever.  Any half intellect (of sound mind) Hmong/Mong can make the same argument that "Tsis Yog" equates to "Chi You"  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 04:20:02 AM »
First of all, you need to get your CHRONOLOGY straight so that in making these kinds of baseless supposition, you will at least sound somewhat informed/educated -- and of sound mind.  Otherwise, those who know (and have researched) sound scholarships will simply  :2funny: at your  :idiot2:  ...  kekeke  ...   8)  (Based on your incoherent CHRONOLOGY, it would seem (and is most evident) your elementary knowledge/info is most likely rooted/based on Wiki, internet sites/forums, Western/Eastern Hmong/Miao hearsay, and the motley of Utube videos peppered throughout the web like fairy dusts  ...   ::))

Secondly, there is/are NO CONCLUSIVE evidence, facts, data (historical or modern presentday research/records) to show, suggest, or most importantly PROVE that any and all 3 states; Chu, San Miao, and Chi You is Hmong whatsoever.  That is purely speculative.  Why?  Mainly and simply because it is a KNOWN FACT that none of them, these 3 states, are Chinese (Han or Manchu) period whatsoever.  Just because they ARE NOT Chinese does not make them Hmong though, by default.  That logic/rationale is ridiculous to say the least.  And especially with regards to the Chu State/Kingdom; it is without a doubt, and is believed/accepted by Western and Eastern scholars alike globally that it definitely IS NOT Chinese (Han or Manchu).  Again, that does not make it Hmong whatsoever either.  (Yes, all of this is based/rooted in historical and modern research/records/scholarships that anyone can easily research versus hearsay, or Internet mumbo-jumbo.)

Lastly, I highly recommend (suggest) any of you who is remotely interested in Hmong/Miao studies/history, to excercise some common sense and a bit of proactive researching yourselves; NOT purely vest whatever you think you know in/on Internet whatever etc., to get a better understanding and more well-rounded knowledgebase first and foremost versus making these types of borderline idiotic rants  ...  KEKEKE  ...   O0

HINT:  In its CORRECT chronology; the 3 states (or kingdoms) are 1.  Chi You (who fought against and lost to Huangdi and Yangdi), 2.  San Miao, and 3.  the Chu State/Kingdom during the Warring States Era, popularized in a video game called "Romance of the 3-Kingdoms" among other name/titles.  (Heck!  Even Jet Li's movie, "Hero", touched on this time period, if you knew/had known your Chinese aniquity.)

***  And "NO", the Hmong/Mong word/appellation "Txiv Yawg" does not equate to "Chi You" whatsoever.  Any half intellect (of sound mind) Hmong/Mong can make the same argument that "Tsis Yog" equates to "Chi You"  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Minor correction: The Warring state was before the so called popularized video game Three Kingdoms period. Romance of the Three kingdom was accredited to a man by the name Luo Guanzhong during the Yuan and Ming Dynasty.

Jet Li Hero is a bad example. I prefer the movie based on Sun Bin. Even Jackie Chan the Myth was way better.Jet Li was about this assassin. Whilst Jackie Chan was about Qin Shi Huang Di best general Meng Yi.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:29:49 AM by dlabtsi_os »

Test your might!

chidorix0x

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »
Minor correction: The Warring state was before the so called popularized video game Three Kingdoms period. Romance of the Three kingdom was accredited to a man by the name Luo Guanzhong during the Yuan and Ming Dynasty.

Jet Li Hero is a bad example. I prefer the movie based on Sun Bin. Even Jackie Chan the Myth was way better.Jet Li was about this assassin. Whilst Jackie Chan was about Qin Shi Huang Di best general Meng Yi.

Major Correction:  The Three Kingdoms of Chinese Antiquity,  of the popularized video game,  and the Warring States,  including Jet L's movie is/are all one and the same regarding era.  The only difference is perhaps the exact instance. And I assure you there are more popular/romanticized Generals of/from this Era than Just Cha n's Myth or any other time/era in/throughout Chinese history  ... kekeke ...  >:D

Minor Correction: Didn't I recommend not to base your fact - finding on the Internet: wiki, Utube etc., ... kekeke ...  ::)

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 10:02:45 AM »
Major Correction:  The Three Kingdoms of Chinese Antiquity,  of the popularized video game,  and the Warring States,  including Jet L's movie is/are all one and the same regarding era.  The only difference is perhaps the exact instance. And I assure you there are more popular/romanticized Generals of/from this Era than Just Cha n's Myth or any other time/era in/throughout Chinese history  ... kekeke ...  >:D

Minor Correction: Didn't I recommend not to base your fact - finding on the Internet: wiki, Utube etc., ... kekeke ...  ::)

Um what?  ??? That is basically what I said. I was only correcting when you mentioned State of Chu during the Three Kingdoms. Three Kingdoms has only Shu Wei and Wu.

One of the reason Three Kingdom was popular was because of the novel.There is more than just Three Kingdom and Warring State. In any case I don't think this relates to the OP.

Test your might!

chidorix0x

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »
Um what?  ??? That is basically what I said. I was only correcting when you mentioned State of Chu during the Three Kingdoms. Three Kingdoms has only Shu Wei and Wu.

One of the reason Three Kingdom was popular was because of the novel.There is more than just Three Kingdom and Warring State. In any case I don't think this relates to the OP.

Say whaaawwttt?  ...  kekeke  ...   ;D

The Chu State is but ONLY 1 of many states (independent kingdoms) during the Warring States, aka Three Kingdoms.  The "Three Kingdoms" is a reference the three most powerful vying for complete domination among over a dozen kingdoms  ...  KEKEKE  ...   O0

The "novel" you speak of is a "romanticized" imagining (re-imagining) of that ERA.  It is purely fictional based on historical events etc..  Big difference.  And that applies to the popular video game/s too. 

*yawns*  (I tire of trying to EDUMACATE Hmong and HA'Mung alike nowadays, but someone has to try and keep the sanity in check  ...  kekeke  ...   >:D)

Offline dlabtsi_os

• Jr. Poster
  • AMAZZZZZZON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »
Say whaaawwttt?  ...  kekeke  ...   ;D

The Chu State is but ONLY 1 of many states (independent kingdoms) during the Warring States, aka Three Kingdoms.  The "Three Kingdoms" is a reference the three most powerful vying for complete domination among over a dozen kingdoms  ...  KEKEKE  ...   O0

The "novel" you speak of is a "romanticized" imagining (re-imagining) of that ERA.  It is purely fictional based on historical events etc..  Big difference.  And that applies to the popular video game/s too. 

*yawns*  (I tire of trying to EDUMACATE Hmong and HA'Mung alike nowadays, but someone has to try and keep the sanity in check  ...  kekeke  ...   >:D)

Yeah now I know you are bsing out your ass. When you say Chu was a state of Romance of the Three Kingdom. You should get banned for lying in pebhmong.

Test your might!

Advertisements