Advertisement

Author Topic: So what's the big difference between premium channel TV series (HBO, Showtime)  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
and basic cable/network TV series?

"Game of Thrones" is the first premium channel series I've ever watched.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
and basic cable/network TV series?

"Game of Thrones" is the first premium channel series I've ever watched.

Depends ...not much to me.

supadupac

From what I know.

Censorship.

You will never see  nudity on a basic cable network like Spike/Viacom, etc.

On Premium cable (HBO/Showtime) They'll allow full frontal nudity, they'll have "late night shows" (hope you know what I mean by this).

Movies that won't be censored to hell for language and content.

And for the most important part. no commercial break (most of the time). there's a few channels that for some reason still has commercials every now and then. And I don't mean the popping of the HBO tag.  Actual commercials with advertisement.

Game of Thrones is a prime example of it. It has alot of nudity in it.  Some are implied with sexual desires, some are just undressing, but for the most part it's still nudity. to watch it on regular cable, all the nude scenes would be gone and thats a couple scenes from about every episode.  Or they'll reshoot it (doubt it) or blur it.

But, the premium channel is no different. is still is censored. You don't see genitals. Language just isn't censored.

i think this is about it too. . it's what the cable company would consider "special" stuff.. sometimes it's worth it but once HBO GO goes I will probably switch over to just that

Advertisements