Advertisement

Author Topic: Arg.. had to buy new springs and upper control arms...  (Read 1029 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Arg.. had to buy new springs and upper control arms...
« on: March 15, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »
and radiator hoses..

I think I might buy a newer car while I'm at it.

Both these two car's need a lot of maintanence that I rather just buy a newer car.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
Re: Arg.. had to buy new springs and upper control arms...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 01:10:23 AM »
Yep, like humans as cars get older with more mileage, more and more things fall apart due to wear and tear...and the interval of fixing is more frequent too.

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »
Dude, those are cheap and easy to fix parts.

Envy2

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 11:17:22 AM »
The question is not that it's an easy fix but how much more $$ do you need to keep throwing at it. Sometimes it's just better to get a new car and enjoy it.

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 12:51:11 PM »
I like new cars but not many could I say I would enjoy owning.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »
NOt really a skunk2 fanboy but...

I like to keep parts consistent... as much as I can anyways.

HOses... becuase I've determined the leak is from the hose.  Previously bought from pepboys... lasted about less than a year.    The fit was not perfect, I would've prefered OEM.  We'll see how these does though...

And Upper control's becuase ... the other one's, the hex screws were hitting the top of my shock towers....

These skunk2's are reveresed hex screw ...  so I should eleiminate that issue I'm having.  Couldn't find any other other brand... saw some no name brand... thought about it, buT THEN I thought about what if just cracked and broke and went with a name brand.

Kinda dread putting them in....  :S

Oh and the springs should be arriving on monday

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements