Advertisement

Author Topic: Audi A4 quattro....  (Read 2725 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Audi A4 quattro....
« on: March 22, 2015, 01:23:04 PM »
Anyways... I was riding in my friend's audi..

I have to say, I was impressed with it...

Didn't really do much with it... except he was speeding really fast to get around traffic so we could get to our exit...

and that thing was accelerating fast...

even I was a bit scared...

I didn't want to look at the speedo becuase I didn't want him to think I was scared...

but just from being on the passenger side... I could really feel the car grip the road.  That thing was just clawing into the pavement as he was speeding up.

Must be the quattro system... and the tires I guess.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: Audi A4 quattro....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:14:21 AM »
What year was it?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 05:33:43 AM »

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »

I didn't want to look at the speedo becuase I didn't want him to think I was scared...

Sounds like high school where a teenage boy is pretending to have no fear in front of his peers, funniest thing I read in a while  ;D.

Seems like your excitement level is pretty low but that's OK, everyone is different...

Envy2

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 04:07:42 PM »
Anyways... I was riding in my friend's audi..

I have to say, I was impressed with it...

Didn't really do much with it... except he was speeding really fast to get around traffic so we could get to our exit...

but just from being on the passenger side... I could really feel the car grip the road.  That thing was just clawing into the pavement as he was speeding up.

Must be the quattro system... and the tires I guess.

That dude is the power of torque. No wonder you were scared. You actually felt torque for once in your life. And no it's not  the quattro system or the tires. I get that excuse a lot from other drivers so I know. It's the crushing feeling of his car is faster than yours. Besides being a passenger feels a lot different than being a driver because you have that disconnect.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 04:31:53 PM »
Yes riding passenger is always a different feeling...
I wasnt so much scared of the speed as I was of his driving..

I think we was doing 120, I was just afraid he'd twitch the steering wheel and we'd lose control, I know how bad things can go at high speed and with people who don't know how to drive at high speed..

He's not really what you'd call a car guy or does any kind of racing, he was trying to get around traffic, yeah the speed was a bit scary, but I don't know how those things handle at high speeds, people who don't know how to drive at high speeds, well, that's hiw accidents happen...lucki ly he slowly eased into the lane, I looked over when he was letting off, coming down from a hundred..

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:34:05 PM by thePoster »

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 08:18:46 PM »
Just wait til you talk to him about maintenance. I bet you be surprised.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 01:34:20 PM »
Oh we know about maintenance...
9000 dollars of it.

I like European cars bit hondas are still kinda cheap compared to maintenance to them

Envy2

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 02:45:21 PM »
Yes riding passenger is always a different feeling...
I wasnt so much scared of the speed as I was of his driving..

I think we was doing 120, I was just afraid he'd twitch the steering wheel and we'd lose control, I know how bad things can go at high speed and with people who don't know how to drive at high speed..

He's not really what you'd call a car guy or does any kind of racing, he was trying to get around traffic, yeah the speed was a bit scary, but I don't know how those things handle at high speeds, people who don't know how to drive at high speeds, well, that's hiw accidents happen...lucki ly he slowly eased into the lane, I looked over when he was letting off, coming down from a hundred..

Now you said that shiit I'll be scared too. Novice driver in a fast car going fast is like a kid playing with a gun.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
Oh we know about maintenance...
9000 dollars of it.

I like European cars bit hondas are still kinda cheap compared to maintenance to them

You're referring to estimated cost of maintenance right? $9k sounds too much...

Sifu

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 09:20:16 AM »
It's not an S4 B6-B7 but it surely has started a reputation of poor engineering.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/414598-B6-B7-S4-Timing-Chain-FAQ-Information-Discussion-Thread

Footnotes:
Audi V8 engine with chain that replaced previous belt driven unit.  Basically the chain is stout but the components that drive, guide or tension the chain break.  Not everyone of these engine breaks but they have been documented breaking anywhere from 45k to 175k.  You could swap out the engine but then you're also susceptible of the death rattle.  My favorite part is the chain faces TOWARDS the firewall making any chances of installing components an act of Mechanic God a possibility.  Chances are the engine will need to be dropped.

So yeah if your Audi's b6-b7 engine pops you could see $9k in repairs. Another good read is fixing the AC unit on an R8.  I'll give it a pass as an R8 is an exotic/supercar but whew that's a lot of work.

Advertisements