Advertisement

Author Topic: what is the bandwagon now?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
what is the bandwagon now?
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »
It was honda/acura...

Then I saw the move to subaru and evos....

Brz's?

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
Re: what is the bandwagon now?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 06:26:16 AM »
It was honda/acura...

Brz's?

Depends ...

Hitokiri

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »
I think it's still Evos and Subies when it comes to Hmong people. Of course there's still many Hmong people who are still tuning B and D-series motors. It's still rare to see a Hmong person who is seriously tuning a K-series motor. I thought more Hmong people would get on the 350Z bandwagon but I think the lack of cheap parts and lack of knowledge of V6 engines have tuned many Hmong away from there.

There lies the weakness for many Hmong "tuners". They love the cars but many of them rather not spend the money to buy the quality parts. It's not like years ago where knock offs were everywhere. The newer the cars the harder it is to find quality knockoffs mostly since so many of todays' car are so sensitive to change and to gain real power remapping the ECU is needed which also cost money.

Envy2

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 09:30:17 AM »
I think it's still Evos and Subies when it comes to Hmong people. Of course there's still many Hmong people who are still tuning B and D-series motors. It's still rare to see a Hmong person who is seriously tuning a K-series motor. I thought more Hmong people would get on the 350Z bandwagon but I think the lack of cheap parts and lack of knowledge of V6 engines have tuned many Hmong away from there.

There lies the weakness for many Hmong "tuners". They love the cars but many of them rather not spend the money to buy the quality parts. It's not like years ago where knock offs were everywhere. The newer the cars the harder it is to find quality knockoffs mostly since so many of todays' car are so sensitive to change and to gain real power remapping the ECU is needed which also cost money.

I think you hit the nail on this one.  Especially those with knock off parts but put name brand stickers on their car. The problem with Hmong people is they invest a lot in their car but not in themselves as a driver. That is why they have fast car but not very fast drivers. 

Envy2

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 09:31:33 AM »
I think the trend is anything they can steal and fit a screw driver for cheap mods. Maybe the new ford mustang might be on the list for mekas.  ;)

Don't drive a Honda/EVO or WRX and you will be okay. Low key cars get low key attention. Dam I really want a CRX but even if I keep it stock it will get stolen.

sadkos

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 11:30:44 AM »

f

I agree with this statement. When HFC's, Exhaust Systems, Intakes, and tune alone cost close to $1K each, it tends to not get any attention. Nissan's VQ line of engines have proven to be very reliable and robust. Most Z33/Z34 suffer from overheating, although easily taken cared of by installing an oil cooler. But that oil cooler itself is $500+. Cost tends to stray people away from these vehicles. Evo's and Subie's are much more inexpensive to maintain and modify when compared to Nissan/Infiniti's Z car or G coupe. Although, the SyncroRev on the Z34 is spot on and with a Fast Intentions Titanium exhaust, it makes the driver sound like a Pro! 

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 12:05:48 PM »
The lack of seating and only RWD killed the 350-370 off.  Factor in the cost brand new and the EVO's and STi's were faster, had more parts and more uses made it a no brainer.  Yes the engine is proven and stout but Nissan really didn't start the 350z in the right direction if you ask me.  Still too heavy and numb.

Envy2

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 01:33:27 PM »
You guys forgot about the Stance Scene? You know with super negative camber, giant wheels that don't fit the car and tires that don't fit the wheel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E62AopGXnuw

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 02:52:04 PM »
Less stance in our area (thank goodness).  Probably due to our crappy pot hole roads and winters but yeah mushed out is still around.  Although not as big as it use to be.  I think the murdered out style is still around more than stance.  See it more on trucks than cars.

Sifu

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »
Aaaaaaannnnddd the new 370z will have engine speakers. 

3 Years Time

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 03:19:17 AM »
It was honda/acura...

Brz's?
Bass Pro Fishing.

That's the current bandwagon.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 04:16:44 PM »
I think it really depends on what scene you want to be in.  Drift is 240sx, street/drag EVOs, WRXs & of course the Honda scene for the cheap dragger. The FRS & BRZ didn't catch on that much.  I see them around, but none at the track or street racing. We have a lot of stance guys here in MN, but most are in Infinitys, Lexus & a few Scions(cause they're cheap).

Stance is basically just low and flushing the rim to the fender.  There are crazy camber ones then there are the very low stanced track cars that run @ World Time Attack Challenge which are some of the fastest cars in the world around a track. People misinterpret "stance" but the word is vast.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Hitokiri

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 10:04:16 PM »
The FRS & BRZ didn't catch on that much.  I see them around, but none at the track or street racing. We have a lot of stance guys here in MN, but most are in Infinitys, Lexus & a few Scions(cause they're cheap).

I think the reason why the FRS and BRZ haven't caught on is because of the price tag (Hmong thinking: "Why should I spend that much money on that when I get this and that for just as much and with better performance?) and plus there probably aren't any cheap or simple ways to make power out of these cars which also turns off many Hmong tuners.

I also agree with you that many Lexus and Infiniti tuners are more into the stance scene rather then the tuner scene or the high horsepower scene.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 02:56:59 AM »
I think it really depends on what scene you want to be in.

Best answer thus far ... ;D

Advertisements