Advertisement

Author Topic: hmong Sacrificial food  (Read 6674 times)

FetishDream

Re: hmong Sacrificial food
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 08:20:58 AM »
Going to eat more ha'monk food later today.  Got invitation for a ritual where you gargle chicken broth 3 times and then spit it out and then eat the meat and then repeat? 

I dunno, I do what they do out of respect and if I want to eat their food, I have to do it.  It is suppose to make my teeth strong or something like that. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 08:19:30 AM »
I think that is not a ritual but a belief (superstitions) Hmong herbal medication... ;D My aunt did that to me as a kid to prevent me from having cavities. I remembered it because till this day she still thinks because I did that, I never had any cavities, but brushing and daily maintenance helps :P

P.S. I have a thing about teeth. Maintain it properly. floss before you brush, and rinse with mouth wash (repeat at least twice a day, three if you do it during midday). You only have one set of permanent teeth so take care of it well.

yuknowthat

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 06:02:15 PM »
 :2funny: oh my gawd!  Nej os..  mind as well point your fingers to the moon and get your ear(s) chopped off too. :2funny:

Offline SEXdrugROCK

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 09:07:55 PM »
I remembered being invited to a Buddhism ritual where they would offered food to their dead ancestors and after the session, we get to eat the food.  I thought I was tripping but no matter how good the food looks, it was flat and cold.  It is like eating leftovers since the spirits had eaten up the good energy from such dish. 

Now with the hmong, I was invited to a jingle bell and to my understanding, they have to offer a chicken and/or a pig to the underworld something something.  I ate the food and then I got dizzy right away.  It made me feel weak.  It was 7 different courses made from the same pig.

Anybody have any reference to this?  I do know that the hmong christians will not eat these sacrificial food.
Free food and this Hmigga is complaining...  :2funny:

Trick loves da kids!

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »

One can't be called a Hmigga if one is not Hmong.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »

:2funny:

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

FetishDream

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 10:27:43 AM »

My chit has 2 calories or more.  Want to eat?  Free food, don't complain.   :2funny:

FetishDream

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »

Right on Hmy Hwigger   :2funny:

Advertisements