Advertisement

Author Topic: Microsoft Edge  (Read 1007 times)

bulbasaur

Microsoft Edge
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:40:43 PM »
I guess it looks nice, but it's unlikely to sway me from using Firefox and Chrome.  Even in Microsoft's presentation, it was like, "Hey, we can do what they do!  Neato!"  The only thing that would make me switch default browsers if Edge is more efficient with memory.  That being said, Edge might be a good tablet browser though. 

Also, maybe developers like Edge.  I don't really know since I haven't messed with it. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: Microsoft Edge
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 08:37:44 AM »
Edge?  I thought they were calling it Spartan?  Unless that's a different product.  Either way it's a marketing ploy.  Anything attached with Internet Explorer or Microsoft these days have a bad reputation that's why they had to scrap IE.  New car, same old engine underneath.  Well, newer and better engine, but it's pretty much same team operating under the same principles that brought you Internet Explorer.  I personally hate developing with IE.  We need our own set of special code just to make stuff work for it.  Chrome is our browser of choice and we develop for it as the standard for internal web applications at my work place, but IE unfortunately still holds the market share so eCommerce sites still have to support it.  Just shows how much of control Microsoft has over us.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:42:27 AM by minorcharacter »

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
Chrome is nearing the deatbed for me.  It's no longer the sleek, fast, resource efficient program it use to be.  I may give Edge a try but lately I've been going back to Firefox and Opera; yes Opera works better than Chrome.

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »
So far, Edge isn't too bad. 

Advertisements