Advertisement

Author Topic: Windshield Repair  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Windshield Repair
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:00:26 AM »
Anyone of you guys know how much it cost to repair a windshield for a Toyota Corolla 2009? The crack is the sizes of a backpack and is shaped like a spider web....Visible inside the car but on the outside it's barely see able.

Like this post: 0
"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: Windshield Repair
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 08:54:16 AM »
If it's just windshield repair you won't get your insurance to cover it unless you have it covered.  HOWEVER, if a thief smashes your window, breaks in, and steals something... then you could possibly put that under comprehensive cover.  You didn't get this from me, btw.  In fact we never spoke and I don't even know you.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »
Lol, hahaha....I just wanted to know....When I researched around the area I lived, one auto glass shop will repair it for $185....Not sure if that is consider good or if it can go cheaper. I wont have my insurance cover it because I'm willing to pay out of pocket....Some times the insurance will jack up your premium if you put out a claim....That is Progressive to me....Not sure if all auto insurance companies does that...

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 11:48:14 AM »
$185 WITH glass and install is a pretty good price.  My windshield alone costs over $300; even more for the older cars.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:14:48 PM »
Anyone of you guys know how much it cost to repair a windshield for a Toyota Corolla 2009? The crack is the sizes of a backpack and is shaped like a spider web....Visible inside the car but on the outside it's barely see able.

Depends on where you go, and the quality of the glass...so call as many shop as it takes to get to the one you're comfortable with..

hua

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 01:08:42 AM »
Last 2 windshield we had done were right around $200-230 each. Includes the glass and install. One was for a toyota t100 and other was for a chevy s10. We just used safelite auto glass.

Advertisements