Advertisement

Author Topic: I went to test drive a civic si yesterday  (Read 1201 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I went to test drive a civic si yesterday
« on: May 10, 2015, 03:21:08 PM »
dang...

it feels so small and cramped.. even though it looks pretty big.

The "power" is there, the response is there..

But I just don't like that dash... it seems so long and huge, I really don't like that long long dash look.. like it extends forever.

The shifter feels awesome though, just click click

Plus, it feels like I'm sitting way too high in the car.

Those bucket seats in the teggie has messed it up for me, for every other car I'll ever drive.  Every other car just feels like I'm sitting high.

I wonder if there's stock bucket seats for the Civic Si's.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Re: I went to test drive a civic si yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 06:05:47 PM »
You're just not used to the new dashes.  My first time I thought the same about the dash, but I'm used to them now.  I actually like them a lot.  I am thinking about a Civic SI or FRS.  Still debating between the two.  Next year will probably bring a new turbo SI and STI BRZ/FRS so I might wait.  Even the Mazdaspeed 3 would be on my list if it came back out.   O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

michaelvang85

Re: I went to test drive a civic si yesterday
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »
You're just not used to the new dashes.  My first time I thought the same about the dash, but I'm used to them now.  I actually like them a lot.  I am thinking about a Civic SI or FRS.  Still debating between the two.  Next year will probably bring a new turbo SI and STI BRZ/FRS so I might wait.  Even the Mazdaspeed 3 would be on my list if it came back out.   O0

The BRZ/FRS will not see factory FI, just suspension and aero bits that anyone can add themselves. Best bet for dollar would be the Civic type R, Golf R, Focus RS, or the WRX. I own an FRS, and it doesn't have neck snapping torque and isn't quite that fast in 2015 standards. It is however, fun to drive on backroads or autocross courses. I haven't done road courses/tracks, but it's a fun drive if you're more concerned about the experience and feel rather than flat out power.

Advertisements