Advertisement

Author Topic: Integra GSR vs sportbike?  (Read 2696 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Integra GSR vs sportbike?
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:14:58 PM »
I don't know what it was, but he said something like an R8

I don't know...

Anyways.. .I was pulling into my driveway and my neighbor and his friend was outside smoking.  His friend was on his bike.

The neighbor said "Hey, he said he want to run that thing"...

I looked over and and it's a sportbike, they had mumbled something about r8...

I said "agianst that thing? "

The neighbor's friend said "I'll give you a good head start, but I heard you got a GSR motor in that thing"

I said "yeah, but there's no way I'd catch that thing"

It was funnie, the guy on the bike said "but I heard you got a GSR motor in that thing"....he said it like it was super engine.

I think it's funnie, I'm a super honda fan, but I know a B18c1 is just a B18c1, but all these young new tuner's... they look at those engine's like it is ....  a unicorn.

So amazed that it's an orginal GSR motor.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Integra GSR vs sportbike?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:15:23 PM »
NEedless to say, I didn't run him. 

Or should I? 

C'mon folks! even I know I won't beat a sport bike.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 09:51:36 PM »
So I went to get something out of my car and talked to them for a bit...

and it's a kawasaki zx10.

I just googled that and that thing goes 0-60 in 3.3

Wow...

Cheezez... there's no way.

Unless I'm running on 20 lbs of boost stripped out then maybe.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 12:12:32 AM »

It was funnie, the guy on the bike said "but I heard you got a GSR motor in that thing"....

Agree that it's "funnie" as 170HP is considered on the weak side even for a car that weighs around 2700 lbs. He must not know power. ???

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 01:30:28 AM »
170 IS weak.

I don't know how much HP that bike has, but if it's 170, it's powerful for it's weight.

Maybe they are thinking if a gsr has 170 and that bike has 170 it should be a fair race.

The neighbor said if we were to race, I should ask for 3-4 lengths...

I was thinking to myself in my head "3-4 or even 10 length's is not going to matter, a 170 hp integra is not going to accelerate fast enough to keep a lead"....

Once that bike's throttle is turned, it'll catch up in no time.

Only way I can see a "fair" race is... if I was already topping out at whatever my top speed  is and flying by and he started from a stand still trying to catch up to me to a set point.

But even then, he said he tops out at 165.  I don't even know what my top out is, I figure around 130-135 so even then, he'll still catch up if the set point is a long distance away, say a mile away.

I'd like to see a race like that on a show.

A car like mine topping out on a fly by going a stretch for a mile and a bike starting from a standstill and launches as the car fly by's and see if it can catch it.

Yea 130-135 is still slow compared to 165 but 130-135 will still just wiz by if you're at a standstill. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 01:37:24 AM »
But yeah, I think it's funnie when people ask me what motor is in my car when it's obvious it's a C1, the vtec sticker on the back, they should know.

that's when I started realizing alot of people don't know their car's. 

They act all surprised when I say it's a GSR motor.  C'mon folks, it's an integra GSR, it will have the GSR motor in it.

But all these "tuner's" I meet, they are young, like early 20's, so I guess by the time the started knowing about these car's and motor's and getting interested in tuning, these car's and motor's have already become unicorn's that the older tuner's talk about and read in old magazine's.

They've only heard about it or only seen it for sale at store's/shops, never seen a real one in a real GSR before.

As much as I talk up my teggie, it's nothing special when I see it or talk about it.  They younger crowd though, their eyes always light up and they are so amazed when they look at it.

I can't even imagine if I had a Type R, everyone will be wanting to race it when I just want it to sit pretty and weekend drives.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 09:27:37 AM »
170 IS weak.

I don't know how much HP that bike has, but if it's 170, it's powerful for it's weight.

Sure if you say so as it could be powerful for you...but to most, 170 is weak for a vehicle that weighs 2700 lbs. in today's standard where there are small cars making 300HP out of the showroom floor...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 09:32:01 AM »
I was saying a 170 hp bike, that's powerful for a bike.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 02:35:24 PM »
I was saying a 170 hp bike, that's powerful for a bike.

Yep, that's on the powerful side for bikes but again depends on the weight. Many of today's liter to hyper bikes are pushing over 200HP in showroom stock form now...If you want to look into specialty nichie bikes, 500-600HP is not unheard of..

hua

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 03:39:48 AM »
You'd still lose to a 40 hp cruiser as well... sportbike making 150+whp, no chance.  ;D

michaelvang85

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 12:11:45 PM »
They were probably just mocking you. Power to weight will always be in the bike's favor.

yuknowthat

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »
Build that gsr to hit 10sec and youll have a chance.. ;) if worst gets worst.. drive the car into him..then you win! Lol

Advertisements