Advertisement

Author Topic: Integra GSR vs Civic Si  (Read 5952 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Integra GSR vs Civic Si
« on: May 18, 2015, 07:56:55 PM »
Anyways.. so I did end up picking a civic Si, 2011 model with a little over 43k Miles on it.

I guess I can do a side by side comparison on them now.

So....

I been driving the Civic around for a few days now... and it's nice... 

But I got into my GSR today... and... I still like the GSR more...

Is it becuase I've always been a teggie fanboy?  Or that I did so much work on it, I already have a biased opinion on it already?

No, not really.

Well I guess it's not a fair comparison becuase the teggie is a bit modded up.  But We can still compare!

What you heard and read about the Civic Si is true.  That hang rev?  Yeah it's there.  There's a way to flashpro it out... but yeah it's there, it doesn't bother me though.
Teggie, what hang rev?

What you heard and read about the clutch?  Yeah, you probably want to swap that cmc with the em1.. 
If you don't, you'll be grannie shifting all day.  I try to shift fast with the civic at redline, I grinded.. .yikes!  So basically you cant shift fast in it, and even with the em1 CMC swap I'm still skeptical.  Basically, if you have to have your feet on the clutch for a bout a second before you shift or else, you'll grind.  It kinda of sucks but if you're not into performance, it's fine.  Just grannie shift and you'll never grind, so now I just grannie shift.
Teggie, well you can just row through the gears as fast as you want.

Gearing, well... in the civic you think you're going fast but when you look at the mph, it's not that fast at all.  We already know all the gears are short but it's kinda dissappointing when you feel like you're driving fast and accelerating fast but then to look at the mph and you're not even past 35 mph yet, not only that but coupled with the grannie shifting, it takes the fun away from it all.  It sucks, becuase the engine will make you feel like it wants to be thrashed and for you to rip through the gears and keep that acceleration going but you can't.   The engine though, it really does want to jump out and pull you.
Teggie, well maybe I'm just use to it but I like the gearing in the teggie.

How the steering feels in your hand, well the civic it feels tight I guess you can say.  I don't really know what tight feels like, but it feels tight.  It feels almost like a pointer the way steering wheel is set up as well, doesn't even feel like you're turning the wheel either, feels more like you're just pointing the car where you want it to go, that's a cool feeling too. 
Teggie, well I kinda like that it doesn't feel like a pointer, especially when you're hitting curves, it feels like you're actually riding the curve... where as the civic it feels like youre on top of the curve and "pointing" you're way through if you can understand what I'm trying to explain.

Maybe that has to do with the suspension as well?  I don't know...
But I been hitting the curves the way I hit them with the GSR and I feel like I'm hitting them slower than with the GSR, I think gearing has to do something with it, with the teggie I can go through in 2nd gear and just give it more gas and ride the high rpm through, but with the civic, I'd have to change gears in the middle of the curve... and.. with the way the clutch is working, that's a no go.  The civic is twitching come out of a curve when you're correcting it, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Or maybe I'm just not use to driving it yet.  The GSR you come out of a curve and straighten it up it doesn't twitch, you come out of a curve with the Si, it twitches to stabilize, maybe it could be the aftermarket suspension on the GSR.  I don't know!  But I like the way the GSR comes out of a curve.

POwer wise, it's there, it blows the teggie away on paper and you can feel it to in the civic.  The "torque" is there as well.  But I don't think the civic in it's current stock state can hold a candle to this teggie in raw speed and acceleration.

So anyways, I'm just comparing what matter's to me. 

I tried to hit some corner's hard and fast, but like I said, the teggie is still rolling through faster so I don't know if the lsd is making that much of a diff in the civic.

maybe I'll keep it for a year and trade it in for something else like a s2k.

I like the civic, but then I kinda don't like it too but for now it'll do, I needed a newer car for driving long distance anyways.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
Re: Integra GSR vs Civic Si
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:17:53 PM »
maybe I'll keep it for a year and trade it in for something else like a s2k.

If you're looking for 'power' and 'speed', the GSR and '11 Si are not really good candidates at 170 and 197 ponies unless they are heavily modded. Now, the S2000 is a bit better but then it won't be "practical" for you as it only sits two people and you won't be able to haul stuff... ;D

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:57:14 PM »
I was going to get a s2k but couldn't find a 2005 in what I would considered a good price range and nice color bone stock, plus I needed a car with a little more room to haul things around.

Maybe after a year.

Reason's why I keep getting 4 cylinder's is yalls know I'm not a fan of turbo so I'll never end up getting anything "powerful"...

And I like good mileage so I'll never end up getting anything over a 4 cyl even though nowadays 6 cylinder's are getting decent gas mileage too, but it still looks like anything 6 cyl "performance" will still have lacking mpg's.

Oh a s2000 is still more pratical than your bike or that bike/car! 

You just mad!

I could take myself and a plus 1, where as you'd still have to get another vehicle!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:59:15 PM by thePoster »

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 11:37:11 PM »

I could take myself and a plus 1, where as you'd still have to get another vehicle!

I can "take myself and a plus 1" on my bike too...and it gets 50 MPG...not too many vehicle can run in the 9's in bone stock form and still get that kind of mileage...

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »
Penny with towel mod or you don't have the Civic Si.  Come on man you know the rules!

Envy2

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 12:13:46 PM »
stock vs stock your civic Si will mop the floor out of your integra. If you want power and straight line acceleration quit fking around with Honda and get an EVO or WRX. Money for Money  and Mod vs Mod you can't bet them with a honda. Your best bet would of been the s2000 but you settle for less.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »
A lot of EVO/WRX guys switch to S2000s and vice versa.  Just depends on what your needs are.  S2000 hands down handles better than a WRX stock.  The EVO is a bit more comparable in the handling department plus you have power.  The STI would be a better contender to compare handling with the S2000.  Then again it all depends on what year Subbie.  Some are just AWD turbo but handles like a corolla.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Envy2

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 10:32:55 AM »
A lot of EVO/WRX guys switch to S2000s and vice versa.  Just depends on what your needs are.  S2000 hands down handles better than a WRX stock.  The EVO is a bit more comparable in the handling department plus you have power.  The STI would be a better contender to compare handling with the S2000.  Then again it all depends on what year Subbie.  Some are just AWD turbo but handles like a corolla.

Straight line acceleration does not require the car to be agile in the handing department. I mean look at the Dodge Charger hellcat for example. We all know the poster is not interested in anything related to handling so for street racing he should of gotten the S2k. He is a honda fan boy so he will eventually end up with the S2k. 

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 03:54:34 PM »
OP was talking about corner exists so I thought he meant overall performance.  If you just want straight line 4 bangers would be a last resort.  Swapping motors or heavily modded, tuned & BIG turbos w/slicks to run 12s and 13s?  That's 90% of how the story goes.   

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 07:42:40 PM »
I don't like turbos that's why I'll never buy those things.  They are nice cars though.  I pretty much got a good deal for the civic.  I don't like it as much as I thought I might.  I really wanted a car with good gas mileage, blue tooth, and navi.   At the the end of the day, I don't even use the Bluetooth or navi, I still just use my phone!

After a year of paying it off it's not gonna have more than 55k miles on it I'm sure.  I'll trade it in for a s2000 then.  I was gonna get an s2000 but couldn't find one in white.  I like the white and tan interior ones.

But I tell you what,  having these two cars to compare side by side.  I like the old "mechanical" feel vs these newer "electric, comfy" feel.  It sounds weird but, the si has too nice a feel to it.  It's too comfy. 

These new transmissions, Hondas anyways, just don't feel as nice as the old ones.  The old ones are so mechanical, it's literally the cables are connected to the tranny, I'm not so sure how the Si is yet.  And you really feel the weight difference between the cars swithching back and forth between them. 

The Si is still a really nice car, it does have a few flaws keeping it from letting it perform to its full potential though.   You have to granny shift to not grind which keeps it from being able to get its best acceleration.  It's got a nice sounding stock exhaust although I think it's resonated. 

I could hook it up and "fix" all its "problems" but I'm not. 

I will say, 80 doesn't feel like 80 in the SI.  Which is a good thing.  It's unfortunate I can't take it to the track and quarter mile it and road course it.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »
Oh I don't care to run 12s or 13s anyways. 

I think I'm part of that little population that is just happy to go a little faster than stock or able to beat that one car that's trying to test you on the highway   

I'm still waiting to catch a s2000, evo, type r, the twins, subies!

They always want to test! Especially when they see the red recaros.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 07:50:46 PM »
That Hmong dude should've raced me in his s2000!  He probably would've won, I had baggage in the back. 

Him and his friends looked at my car and decided against it.  Really, right now it's all show with only a little bit of go. 

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 11:08:43 AM »

Vs

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »

Cool man but where's the "penny"... ;D

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 07:11:09 PM »
I don't think a Pennie is going to prove anything

Advertisements