Advertisement

Author Topic: Website partner  (Read 2437 times)

tsabsuav

Website partner
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »
Hi PH IT Gurus,

Are you a web developer? Is web design your passion?  Do you have some times to kill?  I'm looking for a few partner to rebrand an old site of mine.  Unfortunately, I no longer have time to put into this project, but also do not want to let the site die off.  If you have the passion, the idea to rebrand and bring a once a great site to life again, message me.  I'm thinking of transitioning the site to a business model, but I'm open to other ideas.  Please note that this is just a hobby and you will not be paid to do this project, unless the site is generating revenues in the future.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: Website partner
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 09:01:23 AM »
Do you look towards a lot of images or a lot of text contents? A website has to be appealing to really generate income as well as the service or products itself.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

tsabsuav

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 12:28:03 PM »
Actually both images and contents.  Maybe I should just build a social networking site and compete with Tojsiab.com.  lol

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 12:48:31 PM »
Actually both images and contents.  Maybe I should just build a social networking site and compete with Tojsiab.com.  lol

Haha funny cause my younger brother is selling his website. He said something about $40 and $60...That is all I heard from him hahaha...But let me know if you need an arm or 2...I can set time aside to see what I can accomplish.

I have been messing around but haven't worked on these two websites in a while now.

http://kuvhlubkoj.netau.net/
http://rscpkallday.comeze.com/

tsabsuav

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 12:54:39 PM »

I have been messing around but haven't worked on these two websites in a while now.

http://kuvhlubkoj.netau.net/
http://rscpkallday.comeze.com/

These sites are your brother's?

minorcharacter

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 12:59:44 PM »
I'm always working on side projects and stuff here and there.  If you're looking for a little more responsive design or more interactive UI work I wouldn't mind helping out.  Need to make your site non-blocking IO?  Data friendly?  Lazy loading?  Sure, I can play around and see what we get.  However I will absolutely not do any design work or have anything to do with image editing.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »
These sites are your brother's?

No the sites and ideas are mine. I don't got the money to buy a host. The first site was for the heck of if because I just wanted test things out with positions and cursors. The second one was an actual 2D Runescape Classic private server that I made to the open public. I kind of moved away from the gaming perspective because I didn't have much time to code the source so I shut it down. But I do however use my spare time to continue improving the source and implementing policies. With source coding I have about 6 years of experience and website coding about 2 years aside my younger brother helping me some.

tsabsuav

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 01:53:11 PM »
I'm always working on side projects and stuff here and there.  If you're looking for a little more responsive design or more interactive UI work I wouldn't mind helping out.  Need to make your site non-blocking IO?  Data friendly?  Lazy loading?  Sure, I can play around and see what we get.  However I will absolutely not do any design work or have anything to do with image editing.

Alright, thanks buddy.

tsabsuav

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »
No the sites and ideas are mine. I don't got the money to buy a host. The first site was for the heck of if because I just wanted test things out with positions and cursors. The second one was an actual 2D Runescape Classic private server that I made to the open public. I kind of moved away from the gaming perspective because I didn't have much time to code the source so I shut it down. But I do however use my spare time to continue improving the source and implementing policies. With source coding I have about 6 years of experience and website coding about 2 years aside my younger brother helping me some.

Gotcha.  I pay for hosting only to avoid risking my ISP shutting down my internet service as they don't allow web hosting on residential service.  I do however, host my test site using my home ISP, but only turn it on when need to test something. 

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:07:13 PM by tsabsuav »

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
Funny thing is I use No-ip when hosting game servers and its been up for a year now...

tsabsuav

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 02:09:15 PM »
Funny thing is I use No-ip when hosting game servers and its been up for a year now...

No-Ip isn't that just a dynamic DNS service provider or do they also offer web hosting services?

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »
Yeah it just a dynamic DNS service provider. A lot of Minecraft developers who host their servers use this service. But usually I would use 000webhost, because I'm a freebie person. I use 000webhost because its free.

tsabsuav

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 02:35:53 PM »
Free is good, but sometimes I do pay for better services.  For dynamic DNS service, I use thatip.com.  Pretty cheap and has the features I needed.  For web hosting, I use Inmotionhostin g.com, again pretty reasonable and their tech support is pretty good.

Advertisements