Advertisement

Author Topic: Speaking of poor tire performance, my old Vette's OEM...  (Read 879 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
Speaking of poor tire performance, my old Vette's OEM...
« on: June 04, 2015, 03:14:54 PM »
run flat tires were the worst in my experience. It was hard and noisy ("Flinstones"). Plus, it didn't grip too well for high performance tires. Mileage was OK but there are too many variables when it comes to mileage i.e., how you drive, what kind of car, road conditions, weather, etc..

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of poor tire performance, my old Vette's OEM...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 06:31:32 PM »
I don't think any kind of run flats will be comfortable and not noisey as they have to be stiff enough to support the weight of the cars to go at least 50 more miles.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

Re: Speaking of poor tire performance, my old Vette's OEM...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
I agree with what you said about run falts and older Firestone tires. Older Firestone tires just suck. Besides the controversy where they blew up on people, the old Firestones just were made cheaply and didn't last too long. I know that recently Firestone basically remade most of it's line up and learned a lot from it's partnership with Bridgestone. I now have summer Firestone tires on my Escape and these tires feel just great on the road and grip like spider webs on corners of walls. 

Like this post: 0

Advertisements