Advertisement

Author Topic: St. Croix power plant  (Read 1442 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
St. Croix power plant
« on: June 06, 2015, 04:59:29 AM »
With the water level up and there's some flow in that spillway, there's some fish gathering up in there.  The sheepshead fish are biting, curly tail jigs, spoons, and rooster tails.  There is quite a few carps in there as well.  And plenty of people snag fishing.

I picked up the rest of the hardware to a Mepps Aglia spinner minus the treble hook.  Gosh is snag fishing that prestigious that a person would destroy a brand new spinner just for the treble hook?  Oh and plenty of braid lines on the ground.  People come in, spooling up fresh braid lines.  What do they do with their old stuff, just toss it on the ground.  I also picked up about the largest treble hook I've ever seen.  I could probably use it as a grappling hook.

Then there's always a few who be throwing rocks at the trash can or portal potty. 

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: St. Croix power plant
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 06:47:22 PM »
That place used to be one of four most fished areas by some community. So much that the DNR had been concerned enough to tell a community liaison to tell those people not to throw "diapers and trashes" all over or else those places could be closed for fishing.

No surprise of what you just said.

Are there invasive carps? You know, the kind formerly attributed to Asian restaurants?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:39:40 PM »
I just don't get these people, they can go fetch wood to make camp fire, but can't burn up their junk fishing line one foot away from it.  Let a lone how some people can bring all these food and snacks, but can't throw it into the garbage that's two feet away from them. 

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 10:55:57 PM »
The white bass yearlings are beginning to bite.  The discharge water is pumping.

Advertisements