Advertisement

Author Topic: Subaru BRZ blue edition w/ STI badging  (Read 3175 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Subaru BRZ blue edition w/ STI badging
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
4 cylinder truck?  I don't think so, unless heavily modified. 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 01:19:48 PM »
Pick one, any 4 and 6 cylinder NA from model year 95-2001

Obviously we can't race them so well just go off the facts. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »
Actually, let's get an honest reply from hokitori, would you say your suv, stock can beat the I eyes type R on a road course?

Stock for stock.

Envy2

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 03:00:31 PM »
I'm not a fanboy, I'm actually considering trading the civic  for the BRZ.   

It's not "fast" by PH standards which I don't care for.  But every review I see everyone says it could use more HP and is slow. 

So lately I've been trying to justify if 6.4 is quick enough.  I think so.  They are relatively light.  I just wonder about the reliability and the transmission.

I'd say I like good cars, and the cars I've had in the past are good cars and just happen to be Hondas and acuras. 
Will Subaru be the company to change me!?!?  Who knows!

People who complain about power are the same people who can only race in a straight line.  That's why they need all that power to compensate for their lack of driving skills.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »

So lately I've been trying to justify if 6.4 is quick enough.  I think so. 

Why do you need to go by others' opinion on subjective things like "fast"? You should always get what's right for you regardless of what others think because it's your money and you are buying it for you...sure "6.4" is quick for some and slow for others but it's just a matter of personal taste...bottom line is, your money, get what you want, not what to impress others with...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »
In any case, all I'm thinking nowadays is "i should've bought that type R". 

Oh wells!  Probably won't find another like it.
15k for 2000 with 76k miles.

Hitokiri

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 11:57:16 PM »
I got your back Poster.  ;D

I think what Poster is trying to say is that the Type R is fast for what it is which is a FWD 200 horsepower car made 15 years ago. Even though the car is old and "slow" by today's standards it's still kicking a lot of butt in motorsports.

In the SCCA Solo II FWD stock class the Type-R continues to dominate even against today's car. It's some dominating some series have outlawed it from this class or have bumped it up to the next class which is the modified FWD class since other FWD cars just can't beat them. Even when compared with RWD or 4WD cars on it's class (like the WRX, Chevy Cobalt supercharged, and Golf GTI) it still does well if not dominates. Not bad for a 15 year old car.

I personally have seen it done on an autocross course and it's amazing.

Sifu

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 08:53:50 AM »
ThePoster, trade your Civic for the new Civic.  I know I know it has a turbo and you're an NA guy but it still has the VTEC and none of the lag.  You'll get like brrrrrrrrroooo oommmmm. VTEC psssshhhh TURBO!

Advertisements