Advertisement

Author Topic: Subaru BRZ blue edition w/ STI badging  (Read 3176 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Subaru BRZ blue edition w/ STI badging
« on: June 08, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »
I think they actually look nice.

But there is one turnoff, the painted calipers, kinda messed it up for me in my opinion

It looks so amateurish.  if people didn't know it came like that they would think the owner painted themselves

Even though it doesn't warrant brembos, they should've put some on, or at least just a nice clean stock maybe steel colored rotors with engraves STI on it

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

Re: Subaru BRZ blue edition w/ STI badging
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:38:11 AM »
Sad its not an awd turbo.

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:51:44 AM »
It shouldn't have AWD.  It should have at least 250hp.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »
I keep reading and hearing reviews people saying it's slow and that it needs more power.

200 hp is alot in my books(coming from a 4 cylinder N/A  point of view) yeah it's not blazing fast but is the BRZ/FRS really lagging around that much that it's noticable?

My civic has 200, and it feels plenty of power and plenty fast when I can get it in gear and shift right.
In my prelude I gave to my little brother, it has 200 hp, and it feels plenty fast.
My GSR only has 170, and it feels plenty fast.
I never drove the type R but when it came out, it only had 195 and I've never heard anyone complain about it being slow or needing more hp, it was nothing but praises, I know it was a lighter car but still.

I'm sure the BRZ would feel about the same, it is 100hp/liter.

I know none of these cars are break neck speed, but I know when those cars came out, nobody was complaining about their sub 200 hp.

The twins come out and all you hear is "It could use more hp, it shouldn've came with a turbo" etc etc etc...

Is it really that slow?

Car and dRiver  6.4, that's pretty good for sub 200hp cars in my opinion.
http://www.caranddriver.com/subaru/brz

I don't think it was meant to be whatever folks thought it was suppose to be.

The only thing I can think of is that the class it's competing agianst, the majority of theml have higher hp output.

I don't know why people are doing comparison's with it to the s2000, and mustang gt's.   I think those two cars are way out of it's league. 

But I will note one thing, when the type R came out, it was consistently running with cars above it's class and blowing cars in it's class out of the water.

I guess "it needs more power" is becuase folks expected it to be blow the cars in it's class out of the water and run with cars above it's class.

Maybe the BRZ/FRS came out 10-15 years to late?
But dang those ugly painted calipers, I probably would trade my civic for that if it wasn't for that.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:47:13 AM by thePoster »

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 11:55:00 AM »
It's not slow but it would be a better car if it had a little more power. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 01:11:26 PM »

But I will note one thing, when the type R came out, it was consistently running with cars above it's class and blowing cars in it's class out of the water.

I can see that "note" to a degree as it was running with some other classes like minivan, truck, sedan, etc., models but it also got smoked by some...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
On a road course?  Ok if you say so.

Hitokiri

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 02:38:07 PM »
BRZ is meant to be quick not fast. There is a difference. There's a reason why it's often times compared to cars like MX-5 and even other quick smaller cars like the BMW 2-series. I agree with many that I wish it would have more horsepower but that's the American tuner coming out of me. Americans (whether we're tuning a '69 Chevy or a 2015 Civic Si) usually look for more power when it comes to performance. That's why little roadsters and quick cars like the BRZ are left behind. The BRZ looks cool but for many it's could use another 30-50 HP. That's the same with the new Civic Si. It's been suck at 200 HP for a long time even though the torque numbers continue to climb.

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »
With both Ford and Honda (and as always the GTI) dropping the gauntlet then even I would find the BRZ a hard buy.  Sure the Honda will be over $30k but I would see them moving these more than the current BRZ/FRS.

michaelvang85

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 05:22:09 PM »
The BRZ/FRS will be most popular for 2nd hand owners who are purchasing them for considerably less than the showroom price tag. It's a tad too expensive and gets cross shopped with cars that are more powerful and boast better numbers.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »
On a road course?  Ok if you say so.

Yep, depends on the course and vehicle...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 07:34:04 PM »
If you can take a truck or van and dog me on a road course, hats off to you but I highly doubt it.  Stock for stock?  I don think it's gonna happen. They are so heavy they'd need to start braking probably twice the distance as the type R or any of these 4 bangers

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:36:33 PM by thePoster »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 08:18:37 PM »
If you can take a truck or van and dog me on a road course, hats off to you but I highly doubt it.  Stock for stock?  I don think it's gonna happen. They are so heavy they'd need to start braking probably twice the distance as the type R or any of these 4 bangers

I said, "depends on the course and vehicle" but never said anything about a "truck or van on a roadcourse"...With that said there are other vehicles that are NOT in the Integra's class but can still smoked it...Trust me, the Integra is not the fastest in a road course (stock for stock)..

Envy2

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 12:12:05 PM »

I guess you haven't seen NASCAR truck series. Don't ever underestimate the competitor. With the right truck, stock for stock, you will get smoked on a road course.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:14:32 PM by Envy2 »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 12:47:35 PM »
I'm not a fanboy, I'm actually considering trading the civic  for the BRZ.   

It's not "fast" by PH standards which I don't care for.  But every review I see everyone says it could use more HP and is slow. 

So lately I've been trying to justify if 6.4 is quick enough.  I think so.  They are relatively light.  I just wonder about the reliability and the transmission.

I'd say I like good cars, and the cars I've had in the past are good cars and just happen to be Hondas and acuras. 
Will Subaru be the company to change me!?!?  Who knows!

Advertisements