Advertisement

Author Topic: So yeah.. I don't think those neighbor's know much about older imports ..  (Read 1082 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
One of my neighbor's friend came over to work on his prelude... and he ask me if my car is the type S.

I was a bit confused...

I said... it's a GSR.

Type S?  C'mon man ... really?

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Sifu

Well we can't ALL be thePoster man.  That's your job!

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Obviously this car is an integra, its not like he didn't have a good look at it when I pulled in.  Integra's only came in certain trims. 
If  you see the vtec badge on the back, obviously it's a GSR.

There's no such thing as a Type S integra.

There are however Type S RSX.  But even then, how could you confuse an RSX with an integra?  The USDM headlights are nothing like the USDM headlights on the RSX.

When I first brung my teggie back up, one of my neighbor's friend asked me if it that "civic" was mine.  I said yeah, it's an integra.
He replied "oh, I meant to say integra".   
I mean seriously?  How can you confuse the two cars?

My neighbor started talking to me when first moved in and asked me what motor I had in my car.  I told him it's the GSR motor.
He was like "really?"
I said "Yeah..." thinking to myself, "it's the only motor that comes in a integra GSR stock, so yeah duh"

And that guy that wanted to race me on his bike, when I was leaving he said "I heard there's a GSR motor in there." 
I thought to myself agian "well duh, it's an integra GSR"
The way he said it was like he made it sound like I swapped in a GSR motor into it. 

C'mon folks, sunroof, vtec badging all points to an Integra GSR.

I'm starting to get the feeling that people find it hard to find a stock motor GSR nowadays and that they are rare?  Maybe so, I don't know, but I see alot of stock motor GSR's on craigslist.  Some of them , the whole car bone stock.

BAsically in my opinion, if you're a honda guy(which these guys are) You should know your integra's, becuase the older brother Integra Type R is what put honda on the import map and really blew it up for honda.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile

BAsically in my opinion, if you're a honda guy(which these guys are) You should know your integra's, becuase the older brother Integra Type R is what put honda on the import map and really blew it up for honda.

Disagree, I think the Civic EF started all...

aHMONGrican guy

Must have been a white boy...

yuknowthat

Does it have 2 vtecs?

Advertisements