Advertisement

Author Topic: Redemption  (Read 3910 times)

Redemption

Redemption
« on: June 15, 2015, 04:30:59 AM »
I think it's time to start writing again, these voices in my head are starting to annoy me.

The word "Redemption" seems so final, but it is not. It's the beginning that comes after the end.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Kenshin

Re: Redemption
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:47:08 PM »
I think it's time to start writing again, these voices in my head are starting to annoy me.

The word "Redemption" seems so final, but it is not. It's the beginning that comes after the end.

A new beginning with a good twist to it.  So let it unfold!

Redemption

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 01:17:45 AM »
I have so many regrets in life. There are so many things I wish I would have done differently. And although I am content with who I am, and how my life turned out, I can't help but think about the "what if's" sometimes. If anyone says that they have no regrets, then they are lying to you, or worse yet, they are lying to themselves.

If anyone says they are content with who they are, and keep thinking about the "what if's," they are lying to you, or worse yet, to themselves.

Redemption

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 02:10:04 AM »
Since feeling alone is so universal, here is an oldie, but goodie:

Redemption

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 03:42:09 AM »
When I'm bored, I tend to think up things to do to "unbored" myself. When I think up things to do, it usually entails spending money. And when I spend money, I get more into debt. And when I get more into debt, I can't pay my mortgage. And when I can't pay my mortgage, I become homeless. And when I become homeless, I can't write journal entries on pebhmong anymore. Get rid of Cable, and go with DirecTV... and you won't get bored like me.

Redemption

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 11:18:01 PM »
Dear, if you're bored at 3 AM, then please join me in watching Downton Abbey instead of typing here on PH. It's so much more enjoyable.

I hope it doesn't cost money, and it's on DirecTV?  ;D

Redemption

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 01:59:58 AM »
Amazon prime, homes.  :D

That costs money!

-

So last night, someone parked on the street outside my house and their car was broken into, and their stereo system was stolen. The car owner saw that I had security cameras set up, so he came and asked us if we had caught it on video. I told him I'd check it and call him if and when I did find anything. So I spent a couple hours going through the surveillance video and finally found the incident at around 3:48am.

So I contemplated on if I should tell him that I found it or not... I know, that sounds mean, but there could be repercussions if we get involved, as the thief would know my house was the house that provided the video. Anyways, I decided to copy it for him. I thought about how if it was me, I'd hope a home owner would help me find out who did it also.

So the car owner took one look at the thief and the car he drove, and knew instantly who it was. So we'll see what happens next, but I kind of hope to never hear from him again. Guess what? He parked his car on the street outside my house again tonight, so I guess he feels safer knowing I have cameras. lol

Would you guys/gals hesitate to help someone, knowing you may risk your family?  :-\

Like this post: +1

Redemption

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 04:53:54 AM »
So one of those viral articles flashed by me on Facebook, you know... the ones where everyone clicks like and it gets plastered on your wall. Anyways,  although I didn't click on it or read it, the hard thought catchy title still made me think about it. I don't remember the title verbatim, but it had to do with how the people who do outdoor activities are less likely to be depressed. Something like that.

And although I haven't done a scientific study to prove or disprove their claim, I can say that I do agree with it. I can say that because I feel like that also when I don't get my fill of being outdoors. It's like you're stuck in a home, or office, or prison, or where ever, and all you do is just worry about every little thing that seems to go wrong in your life. While if you're outdoors, you realize how little those things you worry about are, compared to the vast complexity of nature and life around us. We humans sometimes have tunnel vision, and we only think of ourselves. There's nothing more humbling than drifting in a canoe in the middle of a calm stream or lake, trying to catch a fish for dinner.

So go out jogging, or fishing, or camping, or photographing nature, or even go into the woods and take a dump... I don't care. Just plan something outdoors. I promise it will make you a lot smarter and a lot less likely to do a kdrama marathon.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 09:48:26 AM »
Would you guys/gals hesitate to help someone, knowing you may risk your family?  :-\

You're a great person for doing that.  I do agree that some people are deterred from assisting others because of the "assumed" consequences that may come their way.  I'm like you, I would assist if I can because I would hope they would do the same for me if I were in their position.   O0

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Redemption

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 10:41:52 PM »
You're a great person for doing that.  I do agree that some people are deterred from assisting others because of the "assumed" consequences that may come their way.  I'm like you, I would assist if I can because I would hope they would do the same for me if I were in their position.   O0

I've seen some videos of some fights, sometimes between men and women, and nobody trying to stop them. I even saw this one video of a kid getting run over in China, and he/she was laying there dying and some passerbys just kept on passing by. Some even stopped to look, and then just went on again. It made me pretty depressed about human nature.

But then again, sometimes you see some good Samaritans that do help out... which makes me fist pump too. Just wish everyone would help out.

Redemption

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 01:42:26 PM »
I tend to stay away from commenting in Politics and Religion, but couldn't help but vent on this. Donald Trump for President? I hope not... So I'm sure those of you who have kept up with the news knows that Donald Trump wants to run for President. And I'm sure you also know what he has said about illegal immigrants. So as I was reading articles, I came across this:

http://instagram.com/p/4mS9POGhVe/

Basically, it was his reaction to his line of clothing being dropped by Macy's because of those immigrant statements he made. In the post on instagram, he basically says that "he" decided to terminate the relationship with Macy's, because he wasn't willing to change his principles (of what he thinks about illegal immigrants). Mind you, I don't think people have issues with trying to stop or slow down illegals coming into the US, but more so that he thinks most of them are rapists, or criminals. Anyways, I digress. So in the instagram he says he's never been happy with how his line of clothing are made in China, but his reasoning is that no one can compete with the cost of production in China. So he's essentially blaming the whole world that they aren't competing with China in terms of cost of production, and thus he's some how forced to have his clothing line produced there.

Wrong Mr. Trump... If your principles were real, you'd pay extra to have your clothing line produced in America. The only principle evident here is the principle on doing whatever you can to make the most money. I seriously hope you're no where near the presidency.

Redemption

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 04:08:41 AM »
"Hello darkness, my old friend... I've come to talk with you again, because a vision softly creeping left it's seeds while I was sleeping, and the vision that was planted in my brain; still remains within the sound of silence."

-Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel

Redemption

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »
My Aunty shared a documentary on the secret war in Laos, and as I was watching it, I noticed that I was in it. I'm famous!  :P

http://www.facebook.com/1425770877729840/videos/1444233702550224/

Redemption

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 03:53:49 AM »
Timestamp please. It's such a long video.

6:35

Redemption

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 12:12:54 AM »

What a cutie you are.  ;) :-*

y tank q! ur not so bad urself!

Advertisements