Advertisement

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 Remake  (Read 5624 times)

bulbasaur

Final Fantasy 7 Remake
« on: June 16, 2015, 03:52:06 AM »
So FF7 is finally getting a real remake.  The trailer looks really good, but no game play footage.  I haven't replayed any game yet.  Maybe FF7 would be the first.  I did enjoy the materia system. 

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

chidorix0x

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 06:44:33 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this  ...   ???

1.  Advent Children more than fulfilled my need for the "graphics" update to FF7. (And it is pretty much set in stone that AC's models will be used for the remake.)

2.  I have played (replayed) FF7 at least a dozen times since its inception; thus a remake with better graphics IS NOT necessarily going to make any startling revelation/s for me.  (Maybe if they improve the ???battle system??? -- who knows if doing that will make the game less or more enjoyable for me. That remains to be seen. But if it is simply an upgrade to Kingdom Hearts or FF13/15 battling then I could care less.)

Obviously SE finally decided to "milk FF7" for all its worth, beta testing the market with AC (and Crisis Core/Vicent V's shooter, which were flops imho) a couple of years ago.

I tend to agree with most FF fanboys/girls.  SE should remake FF6 instead.  It definitely NEEDS the graphics update from the NES sprites.  On top of that, it is a very good game on-par or better than FF7.  It actually is the precursor for FF7.  (I always doubted it, despite many FF fanboys/girls raving about how good it is because I never bothered to play/look into FF6. But by chance/boredom, I finally tried out the game and was immediately captivated. Granted I did not finish the game but would definitely buy/play it as a PS4 remake without question  ...   O0)

Offline sunrain

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 04:22:52 PM »
Honestly, as much as I love FF7...I don't think playing the remake would make any difference besides enjoying the new model and graphics.

I'd REALLY love to see a FF7 movie though.  They should make it like a series of how Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit was done.  I'd totally watch it in a heart beat.

/thatisall

I ❤ ♫ walking in the

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 05:48:45 PM »
15 YEARS IN THE MAKING

bulbasaur

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 12:25:22 AM »
No ATB?  Nostalgic fans are going to be sad.  I just recently played it, so I am not too nostalgic to even play it again. 

The game does look nice though.  I wished they woulda done FF6 instead.  FF7 already had enough cut scenes for gamers to fill in the details with their imaginations.  FF6 Remake would have been something special. 

Crapcom

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 07:35:21 PM »
I played all the FF games itcept for some that look retard and have retarded storyline.. :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: >:D >:D

FF6 to FF12 is good....I like FF6,FF7,FF8,FF9,FF10,FF12, and FF14: Heavensward...

personally hated 13...even i beat it....i didnt enjoy it at all....13-2 =Trash, 13-3 lightning return ==Trash even more...dont know why so many lightning fans out there...

FF15 is looking great, and coming out with a movie: KingsGlaive :) can't wait for that.

Offline sunrain

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 01:13:50 PM »
It's really happening!

Ahhhh.....so excited!  I heard there will be three parts to this game.  I just hope that add more detail about Zack Fair and Vincent Valentine only because it would smooth out the actual story line. 

Now, I have to invest in a PS4.

I ❤ ♫ walking in the

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +241
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 11:02:43 PM »
Great game.  IMO, it felt more of an interactive movie. 

Different 💩 same smell

Advertisements