Advertisement

Author Topic: Mac books vs windows laptops.  (Read 6288 times)

zena

Re: Mac books vs windows laptops.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 01:38:45 PM »
Don't use Garageband either.
iMovie is a fantastic program. I now use Final Cut Pro which is basically a paid version of iMovie.

iMessage (or messages, whatever)
Stickies
Dictionary
Launchpad
Missioncontrol
Timemachine - I used it a few times to create backups.
DiscImageMount er (for ISO files, so no need to install Daemon Tools)
ArchiveUtility (Kind of sucks, but its a very generic zip file extractor)

Awesome!  For me, iMovie does the job.  There is a downside though that irritates me and that is that I can't work on multiple projects.  That's what I've read...so unless things have changed and I'm not aware then, yeah.  I made a movie for my sister's bachelorette party last month and she loved it.  I combined video clips with photos to music.  One person wanted me to insert clips of photos while her video was going.  She needed the photos in specific places and I was able to accomplish that so I'm very proud of myself for figuring that out (although, as mentioned, Apple makes it pretty easy to learn without tutorials).  At the end, when the song ended with "light up the sky!" I added some sparkles to a black background and timed it perfect so that after she sang, the sparkles disappeared at the same time.  Making videos is always nerve recking for me though.  I don't know about you but I am too critical of myself and find it difficult to watch my own movies 'cause I'm always thinking, "I should have added this and that, made this longer or shorter, or fade here and not there, etc."

I don't use any of the things you listed except Time Machine.  That runs in the background as my backup.  For zip file, I use a third party called Yemuzip.  I used to do graphic design to sell and needed to zip files compatible for Mac and Window users.  Yemu is just drag and drop so it was quick.  Haven't touched that for a year now...wow.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 05:21:21 PM »
Oh i have a torrented version of final cut pro from a private seeder website... so i didn't pay.

but all in all it's the same.  My macbook is old so final cut loads slow.

I don't really do any fancy stuff so i can't say much.  I just mess around to kill time between classes .

Launchpad and mission control are mainly for when i swipe via the trackpad.

Then why have it if you barely use it?  ::)

zena

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 02:49:38 PM »
OIC.  O0

Sifu

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »

Surface Pro 3 laughs at most laptops.  These things are beastly.

obscurity

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 02:21:41 AM »
Surface Pro 3 laughs at most laptops.  These things are beastly.

Can't wait for the surface pro 4 this fall with skylake  ;D

Sifu

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »
I know.  LTE to finally come.  It is going to be an incredible machine. 

Sifu

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »

Adobe CS works (stylus too, just no pressure as of yet unless the newest drivers are out).  Now 3dsMax works.  Tomorrow I'm going to load up an old project to test the rendering power of this hybrid monstrosity.

Advertisements