Advertisement

Author Topic: Mac books vs windows laptops.  (Read 6287 times)

Hot Pockets

Mac books vs windows laptops.
« on: June 25, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »
Majority of people use Mac's for photo and video editing, web and game design.

Mac wins for productivity.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

itdiestoday

Re: Mac books vs windows laptops.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »
thats cool. O0

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 10:17:40 AM »
In other news...
So how is this a debate?  You only placed information on one side; poorly even.  A majority of people probably don't use a Mac for photo or video editing as well.  Also, how do you define productivity?  A person may be using their preferred laptop for other things than photo editing or video. 

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:22:01 AM by Sifu »

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 11:24:56 AM »
wrong i use my windows laptop for all those too

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »
I once got into an argument with a Mac user saying it was superior than a PC because it had one fan and a single mouse button.  I stepped away...

itdiestoday

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:26:51 PM »
Ive never gotten into an argument with anyone about which OS/system is better.  Lucky me.

LION HEART

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 12:28:52 PM »
PC Gaming owns APPLE.  'Nuff said.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 09:16:11 AM »
An i5 to i7 Intel core in a Windows laptop can always beat a Mac. Plus you can turn a Windows into a Mac. Called a Hackintosh.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

zena

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 06:11:54 PM »
I was a Windows user for a long time but decided to see what the hype was about Mac's so bought myself a Macbook and never went back to Windows (that was about 8 years ago).  For three years now I've had a Macbook and it's still working great.  Has not slowed down or anything and I've got tons of photos and graphic art stuff on it.  Of course, I also have 3 external drives and use two of them all the time (one for RAW photos and one for graphic design).  We still have a Windows computer at home but the kids used it for games and then it died.  Just wasn't powerful enough for gaming.  But what we had wasn't designed for gaming so it totally makes sense.  My daughter has played some of her games on my Macbook but I really don't allow it because it will slow it down immensely.  A gaming computer has to be built for it.  A regular Macbook or Windows PC will not work.

As for Macs and PC's, it's just preference.  Some people have bad experiences with Apple products so they avoid it.  Some just switch to see what it was all about (like me) and end up liking it...and I'm sure some switched and didn't like it and went back to Windows.  Personally, I've always wanted a Mac, because most artists use it for graphics designing and other artistic things, and hardly heard them complain.  Now that I have one, I totally understand.  It's a brainless system and so easy to use so you can focus on the art.

As for the mouse and keyboard, I use both wireless and I like it.  I have to switch out batteries every now and then (I use rechargeables) but it's no big deal because I like my space without all those wires.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 01:05:27 PM »
I had to dual boot my macbook pro because I'm doing some Windows programming.  Mac is superior in precision and overall feel.  But I have to run Visual Studio.  Windows 7 also renders poorly on a retina screen.  Hope Windows 10 will be better.  I have the say the touchpad under OS X works flawless but under windows, it sucks.  It's almost not usable.

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »
The same game performs 30% better in Windows than in OS X.  I play left 4 dead 2 on both mac and windows on the macbook pro.  Left 4 dead 2, I play at 3k screen resolution and it is perfect.  On OS X, I have to reduce the resolution to 1900x1200. 

minorcharacter

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 02:04:51 PM »

vl

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 03:33:18 PM »
As long as you use the terminal more than the mouse then I'm fine with mac users.

zena

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 02:05:15 PM »
Btw, although I love Apple, I'd have to say, Notes and Pages are a joke.  I've tried to use it for the last 5 years and have never been happy with it.  Got Office Cloud for Mac's and OMG.  It feels like home.  Down side is that it reminds me so much of my last job 'cause I used it daily but I'm sure the feeling will go away.  The current Word is da bomb.  It can do so much and it's very easy to maneuver.

I could gush over the goods of Apple too but I won't 'cause it's not the place.  :)

zena

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 10:19:23 AM »
A lot of things come free with Mac/Apple purchases.  :)

Aside from Notes and Pages, there's:

Garage Band
iMovie
iDVD
Photo Booth
Preview
Calendar
Contacts
Face Time
Photos (previously known as iPhoto)
Safari
iTunes
Quick Time Video Player

...and some others.  I use all that's listed except with Garage Band, I've only played around in it a couple of times.  If I had more time, I'd definitely make my own music.  Some guy on YT makes his own music with it and it's pretty cool.

Advertisements