Advertisement

Author Topic: When I owned my Vette, I never had to worry about the front plate as LE ....  (Read 1683 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
...understood why those cars don't wear front license plate and I've never been stopped for it so it remained like this throughout my ownership:

For those that LE do stop for not having a front plate but don't want to mess with the bumper, I saw this recently and thought it was a good clean alternative:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

E92M3

Those states requiring front plates suck.  No need for it these days.  I'm willing to take that risk where I live.  The tow hook mount on the BMW is a nice option.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
What yr was your vette? I imagine owning something like this in ca is a no no by the population since ca is a ergonomic state/ tree huggers.

97, first year C5. Plenty of Vette owners that wave "Hi" to each other in CA and I haven't heard any complaint from the general public...

It gets great MPG on the freeway for a 1997 V8, almost 30 MPG when I cruise 65-70MPH on 6th gear...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Those states requiring front plates suck.  No need for it these days.  I'm willing to take that risk where I live.  The tow hook mount on the BMW is a nice option.

Agree because it does ruin the looks of a car's frontal angle for those type of cars. However, I understand their purpose. Although the front plate is required where I live, I'm glad LE in my area have enough sense to understand why front plates ruin the looks of certain cars i.e., Vette.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I'm not a big fan of front plates either, I was telling a friend of mine it ruins the look.

Unfortunately I have to have front plates on one of my car and I just zip tie it, it didn't have holes to mount.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Paj Ej

I don't know about other states but in California, having a front and back license plate is the law.  It doesn't matter if you are a Corvette owner or other luxury car owner, if the police or highway patrol wanted to pull you over for no plate, he/she can...and you will be cited.  I understand that many corvette owner and other luxury car owner have been driving for many years and have not gotten caught yet.  I say to them, "Great for you" but remember that of all the thousands of vehicles on the road, sooner or later, they will find you.

Changes are that if they pull you over for not plate, they can almost find other stuff in your vehicle that is not legal as well (like guns, drugs, non-carb legal header, intake, etc.)  Heck there was this one case, where a highway patrol pulled over a vehicle for broken rear brake light and founded his wife in the passenger of that vehicle.  Oops, unlucky guy for cheating on a Highway patrolman's wife.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Florida you only need back plates

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Every time I see bmw on the road or around town.... Look like everyone is spray painting their rim bright green or another bright color.  Leave the car the way it is has more beauty.   

Advertisements