Advertisement

Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 34845 times)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: Shoes
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »
You're addicted to tennis/althetic shoes.  Trust me I have a lot too but I have to buy them from ebay or online stores as I need them in size 5.  Most store carried size 6 for women.  I want a under armour brand this time but they are mostly from UK if listed on eBay. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2015, 05:43:37 PM »
All these shoes are over the course of years.  I don't actually have them all of them at once.  But you are right that I have a lot of sports shoes.  My sports shoes wear out faster because I wear them more often and they get abused more.  I figure good shoes would preserve my health better. 

Which UA shoes are you looking at?  If you get some, give a review.  I am curious about UA shoes.  Also, is size 5 an unusual size?  I don't know much about women sizes.

You're addicted to tennis/althetic shoes.  Trust me I have a lot too but I have to buy them from ebay or online stores as I need them in size 5.  Most store carried size 6 for women.  I want a under armour brand this time but they are mostly from UK if listed on eBay.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
UA does nice job at marketing and advertising.  They also look nice, but they I don't know how currently they perform.  I only remember they were the cheapest performance clothing on the market, sold at the highest prices.  It would be very interesting to hear from actual review, even if it's just a shoe.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »
All these shoes are over the course of years.  I don't actually have them all of them at once.  But you are right that I have a lot of sports shoes.  My sports shoes wear out faster because I wear them more often and they get abused more.  I figure good shoes would preserve my health better. 

Which UA shoes are you looking at?  If you get some, give a review.  I am curious about UA shoes.  Also, is size 5 an unusual size?  I don't know much about women sizes.

I usually tried to get walking shoes but they're ugly so I get the running version.  I don't see much UA style that I like yet.  I just want one from that brand. Women size 5 is usually not carried in the store but a size 6 is the starting size most will have it.  It has to be size 5 and narrow to fit and feel right on my feet.  My 2 best shoes are Brooks running shoes very light and mesh is good.  I never wear them enough like my flip flop too. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2015, 02:19:44 PM »
UA does nice job at marketing and advertising.  They also look nice, but they I don't know how currently they perform.  I only remember they were the cheapest performance clothing on the market, sold at the highest prices.  It would be very interesting to hear from actual review, even if it's just a shoe.

Their active wear are expensive.  I always wanted a sweater but the girl/kid size are too girly with sparkle designed.  Women xs are too big for me.  I just get my active wear from Marshalls as long as it fit.  I just stay home so I wear active wear/clothing most of the time. 

I don't know how their shoes performed either.  Beside they look pretty plain and unlike Nike where you got all kind of looks to choose from except I never do air max version. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2015, 12:01:54 AM »
I like UA's stuff.  I have quite a bit.  They have their cheap stuff (like all companies do), but they have their good stuff too.  I really like the MagZip.  Their jackets are well designed.  I like their sweats because they dry fast and they don't roll up.  Micro G is good (wears out fast though).  And of course, their compression gear is great. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2015, 12:16:24 AM »
Shoe Envy 3: Air Force 1

Who doesn't want a pair of Air Force 1's?  I would get a pair, but I never find myself in need of buying a pair.  I want them in the black and white.  Or maybe the white on white.  Them 3/4 lows are all tight.  The only problem is that they're only good for one night because once you scuff them you f***ed up your whole night.  Give me 2 pairs so I can go stomping in my Air Force 1's. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2015, 02:27:15 AM »
Shoe Envy 4: Converse All-Star Chuck Taylor

I had some cheap Converse shoes for most of my high school life.  They weren't the cool ones, but some cheap ones.  Now, I kinda want some Converse as a reminder to old days.  I want the black leather Chuck Taylor's, but I want the black/white logo not the red/white/blue.  I don't need them, but I would get them if I ever see them. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2015, 05:43:59 AM »
21.  The Generic Converse Shoe

If you've been reading, I have made several references to a shoe that I worn throughout most of high school.  That shoe was a Converse shoe.  I actually don't remember the model, but they looked similar to the shoe below.  I wore these shoes for everything; school, volleyball, ultimate, hiking, suits, etc.  I had them for years until I finally threw them out in college.  They were very worn out by that time.  Of all the shoes, these shoes probably took me the furthest.  I now have shoes that specialize for certain activities, so no shoe I have now will get the usage as these did.  They weren't the greatest shoes, but they got the greatest usage.   

bulbasaur

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2015, 07:13:47 PM »
22. Rollerblade Maxxum

People are always coming and going out of my circle.  One of those people was into inline skating.  My friends and I are always willing to give any activity a try, so we also tried inline skating.  Some picked up some brand new skates.  For me, I checked out the used sports store.  Surprisingly, there were a lot of skates.  Apparently, inline skating is one of those activities people like to try but not keep up.  I chose the Rollerblade Maxxum. 

I no longer skate that much.  The skates are sitting in a box.  Maybe I should go for a skate this weekend. 

yuknowthat

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2015, 11:15:20 PM »
Shoe Envy 4: Converse All-Star Chuck Taylor

I had some cheap Converse shoes for most of my high school life.  They weren't the cool ones, but some cheap ones.  Now, I kinda want some Converse as a reminder to old days.  I want the black leather Chuck Taylor's, but I want the black/white logo not the red/white/blue.  I don't need them, but I would get them if I ever see them. 

:D I'm also a classic converse geek! black and white..

yuknowthat

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2015, 11:19:35 PM »

i like myself a pair of these boat shoes

bulbasaur

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2015, 08:48:24 AM »
23. George dress shoes

I was at home visiting the parents, and I had to go to some formal event.  I have some old suits at home, so that wasn't a problem.  However, I didn't have any shoes.  I didn't want to fork up a lot of cake for dress shoes for just one event, so I went to check out Walmart. 

I found some lace-less dress shoes by George.  I am not sure if these are the exact same ones, but they look similar.  The shoes look nice enough, but they are not at all comfortable.  I think they are still at home. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2015, 09:51:50 AM »
24. Asics wrestling shoes

These weren't really my shoes, but I inherited them for a short while.  My brother wrestled in high school.  I borrowed them for a few weeks for PE class when the class was wrestling. 

These probably aren't the shoes I wore, but they look similar; white on black.  The shoes were old when I had them, so I doubt they are still around. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2015, 12:34:48 AM »
Shoe Envy 5:  Reebok the Question

When I needed to replace my Iverson 1's, I was looking at the Iverson 2's or the Questions.  I eventually opted for the Iverson 2's, but I always wanted the Questions.  The Questions had a funky honeycomb cushion design.  They were quite comfy when I tried them.  The shoe had a retro release not too long ago.  I shoulda picked them up. 

Advertisements