Advertisement

Author Topic: HTC  (Read 1463 times)

bulbasaur

HTC
« on: August 06, 2015, 10:37:58 PM »
I used to like HTC, but they have really dropped the ball.  Their ONE series phone is good, but not necessarily better than Samsung or Apple.  It might actually be a step down.  A recent article says they lost a lot of money.  Well, no sh!t.  They released the same flagship phone 3 years in a row!  It's an okay design, but it ain't that good.  They aren't even enticing loyal HTC customers to buy their new phone.  I am sure the processors and memories have improved, but most people don't care about hardware specs; they care about features. 

The M7

The M8

The M9

http://www.cnet.com/news/htcs-revenue-cut-in-half-as-smartphones-fail-to-resonate-worldwide/

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:41:56 PM by bulbasaur »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

N`Chync

Re: HTC
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »
I have the first one and it's nice. The second one I expected it not to be a big jump which it wasnt but I was hoping the M9 was gonna be able to keep up. But even Samsung is getting too comfortable too as LG has been gaining some on the competition. But realistically we're at a point where there's not much they can do with phones to wow people anymore. Displays are getting too HD where it's pointless. Cameras unless you have a actual lens like the Nokia phone will only be so good. But no one wants a big lens sticking out of their phone. Processors can only be so fast cuz to me the most important part that everyone wants but we're never gonna get a great battery life. Phones are getting thinner and thinner but are expected to have the best displays, processors, and be used for social networking, movies, music etc but in real time you'll get 4-5 hours maybe? I know I got 8 hours of music and movies on my Note 3 but I didn't didn't have service on that phone and only use it as a multimedia device. I'm a power user so phone battery sucks on these devices. When you carry a 2-3 devices, one as your main phone, one as a multimedia device (I don't do iPods or MP3 players) and sometimes they're all low on battery. It sucks especially at work lol.

N`Chync

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »
I miss the earlier days of iPhone and Android when not only were they trying to up the other you had HTC, Samsung and the others trying to out do the other. Now they go the cookie cutter route and you know what you're getting. Just gotta see what the actual performance is.

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:45:07 AM »
HTC could have done a couple of things, especially when they were on top.  They should have fought harder for the tablet market.  They should have fought harder for the big phone market.  They should be fighting harder for tech wearables, VR, sports cams, etc, but they aren't.  They should have done more with Beats when they had them.  And, they should have done better with branding.   

As far as phones go, HTC should do what Samsung and Apple aren't.  Give us expandable memory and battery.  Give us the option of pure android without rooting. 

N`Chync

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »
 I don't care for expandable battery. Phones need to come with better battery and memory. I also hate having memory cards. My androids from HTC to Samsung always mess up the sd card. I've lost soo much stuff on Android.

bulbasaur

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 06:59:19 PM »
I think HTC needs to do something different from the other companies.  Removable batteries aren't that important these days since people carry power banks, but it might sway a few customers.  I still feel the need for expandable memory.  Just because companies have been doing it poorly doesn't mean that it is a bad idea.  HTC needs to be different from Apple and Samsung if they want to survive. 

I don't care for expandable battery. Phones need to come with better battery and memory. I also hate having memory cards. My androids from HTC to Samsung always mess up the sd card. I've lost soo much stuff on Android.

bulbasaur

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »
I should just be a full time business analyst.
http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/30/htc-q3-2015/#continued

Advertisements