Advertisement

Author Topic: Just ordered some Yoko S. Drives... I will give my impression by the weekend  (Read 1372 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Dang, I didn't know 15 incher's had such limiting tires.

I may have to upgrade to 17's.

All those Michilen Pilot series. none of them comes in 15's... I really wanted to try them out.  They ranked higher than the S drives.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

CARLOS

Car manufacturers have pretty much killed off the market for smaller diameter tires. The choices have even dwindled for 17" these past few years. Im holding out hope that the star specs continue with production of my size for a long while.

Like this post: +1

Hitokiri

All those Michilen Pilot series. none of them comes in 15's... I really wanted to try them out.  They ranked higher than the S drives.

Michelin Pilot tires (if it's the same one's you're talking about) are basically race tires with grooves in them. Even though their wear rating is pretty high for the type of tire they are they'll never last long mostly if you're using them for daily driving. Why go for something so hardcore? Are you racing on them? And when I say racing I mean autocross or road course.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
No, not racing hardcore.  Maybe a few track days here and there and mountain runs.  Plus, don't drive the integra much anyways.

Besides I have another set of rims.  Put rubber on them and use as needed.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

michaelvang85

I went to a Scion Drive event when the FRS first came out a few years back. The cars had Yokohama S. Drives on them. It was a warm day so the tires had excellent grip, very confidence inspiring. Since it was a tight course, didn't really get to go too fast, but they stuck really well even when tossing the car down the slalom. A big difference from the stock (low grip) Michelin Primacies that came on my FRS. S.Drives definitely give the "on rails" feel.

I'm running some Yokohama AD08 right now. Very high grip when warmed up in dry conditions. Wet and cold conditions are a big enemy of the AD08s. I'd say similar performance between the AD08 and my short experience with the S.Drives, but the S.Drive is an older design and reviews say there's better bang for buck tires out there.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:42:47 PM by michaelvang85 »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
And they're here!

The size  195's 50 series... because well.. I think wider tires is going to hurt it.

S drive

Here's the new calipers... I think black will go nicely.  Well I'm glad I didn't bling out with some spoons... I thought about it.. .it would've been too much work.  And after taking them out and looking at them, I'm quite satisfied with them.

And, another set of skunk apha's.. this time, i'm keeping my car not so low so I don't dent them.  I'm sure this new one will make an improvement as the old one is really all dented up.

And I still got my 450 lbs GC springs. 

Now... I gotta put all this on!  Dang!  I dread it.  Maybe I should just take it to a shop and pay them folks.

Advertisements