Advertisement

Author Topic: Ricer's vs Proper tuners....  (Read 2452 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Ricer's vs Proper tuners....
« on: August 14, 2015, 05:33:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425LRixwr0s

Honestly....

These are just all bad in general..

yeah somme looks nice.. but I don't see the point in some of their tuning..

HOnestly, I don't like that two step thing or whatever... if it's actually used for some type of racing, yeah... but if you're just out show boating... I think it's just ridiculous.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Re: Ricer's vs Proper tuners....
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 11:00:46 PM »
Everyone has their own style whether its functional or not.  Not everyone wants to be a racer and not every racer can afford to have a show car, its a cycle.  Some people can afford "function and form" but those that can't and can only afford one or the other, bash each other the most. 

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 09:25:14 AM »
I might not like what another group of car enthusiasts may do but we still have a love for cars...

Envy2

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
Everyone has their own style whether its functional or not.  Not everyone wants to be a racer and not every racer can afford to have a show car, its a cycle.  Some people can afford "function and form" but those that can't and can only afford one or the other, bash each other the most.

Function and From is a ricer terminology. Also the name of a suspension kit they all have on their cars. Some cheap china brand. But hey it's still an upgrade from cut springs.

And yes I've seen ricer bash other ricer so it's kind of funny.  Racers do the same thing.

Oh and I'm so hating on someone because they got cheap coil-overs, tires too small to fit their rim and stickers of product they don't have on their car. What's up with the free advertisement. Stickers only serve one purpose and that is being sponsor. Otherwise it attracts unwanted attention.

Finally humility goes a long way unless your trolling. It's all fun and games until someone post it on youtube.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »
Function and Form is a ricer term? Wow, LOL.  :2funny:

RX400h - Hybrid

Envy2

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »
Function and Form is a ricer term? Wow, LOL.  :2funny:

I haven't meet a ricer who didn't mention his modification were for function and form...yet his suspension still rides like crap...Yep..it s a ricer term.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 09:33:42 AM »
I haven't meet a ricer who didn't mention his modification were for function and form...yet his suspension still rides like crap...Yep..it s a ricer term.

Some people who track a lot are on stock suspension, does that make them a ricer? Then there are also those who track a lot that are fully cages and on racing suspension.

You know a lot of ricers though. You must be the only pro driver in your region.   O0

RX400h - Hybrid

Hitokiri

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
I think the term "ricer" is more about the attitude of the driver then the car itself. Years ago people made fun of ricers because the way the cars looked but these days everyone seems to accept any car no matter how the owner makes it looks. That moved the term ricer to the driver and not the car or how the car is tuned. That's my opinion though.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »
I think the term "ricer" is more about the attitude of the driver then the car itself.

This is what I've been telling people for years but some people are too narrow minded.  Even the "Rice Killer" group/club explains what it means to them & why imports come to their meets. 

RX400h - Hybrid

Envy2

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 11:58:03 AM »
Some people who track a lot are on stock suspension, does that make them a ricer? Then there are also those who track a lot that are fully cages and on racing suspension.

You know a lot of ricers though. You must be the only pro driver in your region.   O0

I highly doubt the two types of people you mention are ricer. For one thing ricer only street race. Ricer does not equal stock car or stock suspension. No ricer is the art of modify the car badly. For example: fart can exhaust, cut springs or cheap china suspension, car lower too low to be able to successfully navigate through speed bumps, aluminum control arm that don't do squat for the car except maybe save weight, car with stickers but don't actually have the parts or cars with too much stickers unless its a sponsor race/show car. Now don't tell me every hmong people has a sponsor race/show car.  You know it when you see it. Stance nation = 2015 ricer.

Knowing ricer does not = one becoming a pro driver. Base upon your logic I must be Pro at everything since I know a lot of people who do other hobbies at a amateur level.  Plus going pro does not equal being good at it. Any idiot can go pro in any sport and take last place. The only Pro I'm aiming for is making dough. Yes I'm talking about pastry, doughnuts, cakes. LOL.   

Advertisements