Advertisement

Author Topic: Wow... the gt86 got slammed hard...  (Read 1094 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Wow... the gt86 got slammed hard...
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:57:26 PM »
Ouch....

I guess good thing I didn't pick that car up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGj3oC-wPF0

Obviously spoon is Honda biased... but you can't deny their expertise.  So I guess whatever their opinion's are, it got to hold some water.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Re: Wow... the gt86 got slammed hard...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 04:04:08 PM »
Ouch....

I guess good thing I didn't pick that car up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGj3oC-wPF0

Obviously spoon is Honda biased... but you can't deny their expertise.  So I guess whatever their opinion's are, it got to hold some water.

FRS/BRZ made affordable for high school kids.  Subaru Box motor is garbage.  Unless you're ready to spend a lot of money or you're sponsored I wouldn't bother.  STI is only ALMOST an EVO.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

michaelvang85

Re: Wow... the gt86 got slammed hard...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 03:05:40 AM »
Spoon is clearly Honda biased. Stock for stock, the s2000 has performance advantages over the GT86. 2 Seater vs 2+2 and a stout i4 vs a subaru boxer. Both cars have their pitfalls, but the s2000 is more purpose-built and should do better in most racing scenarios.

I have an FRS, and it's no s2000, but it's a bunch of fun as well. Really wished the car came with a high revving successor to the yamaha tuned toyota engines of yore, but the low center of gravity of the GT86 makes it pretty planted and nimble. I'm glad toyota was able to pull enough of subarus strings to develop the FA20 engine, because n/a subaru motors are BORING. Frankly, I only think it works in this car because of the light weight.

Advertisements