Advertisement

Author Topic: I kinda like cars... but I don't think I would ever open up a shop.  (Read 1189 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I would though... like to have a nice big garage with a lot of tools and a couple of lifts in there. 

It'd be nice to just tinker with cars and do stuff, start your own little race team.

Not be bothered customer's.  I don't think I'd like to be bothered with customers. 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

Re: I kinda like cars... but I don't think I would ever open up a shop.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 12:32:09 AM »
Gotta have deep pockets.

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
Gotta have deep pockets.
And a customer base to become successful. 

Envy2

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 11:53:10 AM »
I would though... like to have a nice big garage with a lot of tools and a couple of lifts in there. 

It'd be nice to just tinker with cars and do stuff, start your own little race team.

Not be bothered customer's.  I don't think I'd like to be bothered with customers.

Or just play GrandTurisom and call it a day! 100+ car in your garage. 

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »
We were serious on getting a shop and having owners pay to fix but the liability was the deal breaker.  I've seen so many of my uncle's close up their shops and never touch cars again.  This is the reason why I don't want it to be my career; ill end up hating my work.

Hitokiri

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 07:50:24 PM »
That's exactly what my Hmong friend said. Even though he was fixing some pretty cool cars he said that these cars weren't HIS and that totally wrecked the amount of effort he put into them and how much he cared for them. Plus when working on your car or your friend's car you can take all day and it'll be okay. When working on other people's car there's a schedule and a certain amount of distrust you have between you and the car owner. Plus getting yelled by the boss or the owner isn't fun either.

michaelvang85

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 02:57:31 AM »
I know a guy with a shop in washington. He does pretty well, has a big customer base, and is a reputable tuner. Even he has goals of getting away from the car scene and just going back to leading a 'normal' life. The business side of things totally ruins the fun and passion for cars, even for the best.

Advertisements