Advertisement

Author Topic: Any robotic and plc programmers here?  (Read 3106 times)

Ker_roppi

Any robotic and plc programmers here?
« on: December 01, 2015, 05:33:01 PM »
Just looking to network and see how you like your career. I'm currently a student who's taking a technician program and electrical/robotic/plc's were a part of it.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Re: Any robotic and plc programmers here?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »
Just looking to network and see how you like your career. I'm currently a student who's taking a technician program and electrical/robotic/plc's were a part of it.

I think it's mostly math with lots of matrix computation. 

Sleipnir

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »
Go into the field and build something that is Stuxnet proof...

FetishDream

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 12:20:22 PM »
I am going to give you a simple idea.  Kids these days would prefer to play video games than do chores so in order for them to mow the lawn, I added a camera to my lawn mower and turn that bad boy into a robotic mower.  Now, them kids will like to mow the lawn because sitting in their room and working that joystick is second nature to them and something they wouldn't mind doing.

Either you take this idea and run off with it or me and my business partner is going to take this and expand on it.  We already have the flip island market and my flip buddy is a mechanical engineer who will be doing all the platform.  We will expand it bigger by going with the agricultural industry since they gets bad raining typhoon over there and what not so the harvesting job must be done by robotics to get the job done sooner and faster.   

He is 3rd generations of mechanical engineers and both of his daughters are in college and studying the same field.  This family is nuts I tell you.   :2funny:

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »

I pm you about this...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 11:26:08 PM »
Either you take this idea and run off with it or me and my business partner is going to take this and expand on it.  We already have the flip island market and my flip buddy is a mechanical engineer who will be doing all the platform.  We will expand it bigger by going with the agricultural industry since they gets bad raining typhoon over there and what not so the harvesting job must be done by robotics to get the job done sooner and faster.   

He is 3rd generations of mechanical engineers and both of his daughters are in college and studying the same field.  This family is nuts I tell you.   :2funny:

You need an Electrical Engineer with Software Engineering minor. A Mechanical Engineer can only do so much without programming the damn thing, it won't work.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 10:39:00 PM »
I agree. Mechanical Engineering will only get mechanical problems solve but you need Electrical/Electronics Engineering and even Computer Science to accomplish this endeavor you're dreaming about.

Ker_roppi,
Quit it and go for an Engineering degree. Work is work, everyone hates working, but everyone loves money... You should switch your field while you can because after you're done, there's not a lot room for you to further/advance yourself to higher degree should you need to. There's a cap for technicians, 60k is probably the highest one can get. If you want more, you'll need to take up management or upgrade to 4yr degree or higher. By then, you likely won't have what it takes to go where you need to go.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 07:26:24 PM »
This thread is almost 2 years old. Just curious to how you're doing in this field :)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 08:10:59 PM »
He's probably no longer active on this site.

Crapcom

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 04:38:38 PM »
LMAO....the thread is 2 years old ahhaha :o :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D
I hate working as an Engineer.....i Think living on the light road and trying to make ends meet...is difficult for anyone...

lets all go the dark road and go farm Weed  >:D >:D >:D >:D and live a life of weath!!!!!!

until this ----> :police:<----idiot here get us bust  8)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 10:55:45 PM »
LMAO....the thread is 2 years old ahhaha :o :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D
I hate working as an Engineer.....i Think living on the light road and trying to make ends meet...is difficult for anyone...

lets all go the dark road and go farm Weed  >:D >:D >:D >:D and live a life of weath!!!!!!

until this ----> :police:<----idiot here get us bust  8)

By the time people tell you they make loads of money, it's too late already.

Tell me why you hate engineering? I always like challenges and problem solving but no patience for nonsense.

Advertisements