Advertisement

Author Topic: So I put all my goodie fluid in the s2k....  (Read 662 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
So I put all my goodie fluid in the s2k....
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:17:55 PM »
I had originally had some 5w 30 in there... don't do that..

It was a mistake... drove about 1k miles on them... changed them out with 10w-30 the recommended.   Now there's no smell. 

In any case.. the amsoil syncromesh actually helped with the shifting.  1st gear goes in nicer now... 2nd gear... nicer... but I wouldn't say it's 100 percent...

Still not shifting as smooth as my teggie.

The amsoil severe gear diff fluid... well it did quiet down the differential and there's like no more jerkiness when you go into 1st gear.  There's no more thunk thunk when you go from nuetral to 1st when the car is a stand still.

There's still a few more maintanence I have to do.

I will bleed out the clutch fluid later.  I've changed it... but not bled it.  It feels like ... to me anyways.. maybe it's just mental but whenever I step on the clutch, it doesn't feel like it's staying down there.... I feel like I gotta stand on the clutch pedal to keep pressure on it!  I'm sure it'll change once I bled it out, as well as the brake fluids.   I'm pretty sure they both have not been changed since day one, so that's some 15 year old fluids in there. 

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Advertisements