Advertisement

Author Topic: Is Their Any Way To Repair MP3/ WMA files  (Read 2508 times)

MiNkaujNpaujNyiag

Is Their Any Way To Repair MP3/ WMA files
« on: March 17, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »
I was wondering is their any way i could repair the mp3 flies and wma files, because i try to played it in windows media player it's say it been corrupted or their no codec for it which i search for the codec pack but none to be found plus i don't have a back up of those files as well so has anyone came a across a problem like this??? please help thanks

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

TheDeviousOne

Re: Is Their Any Way To Repair MP3/ WMA files
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 02:56:29 PM »
Download VLC player. I use it to playing all my video and audio files.. it can playing most codecs.

MiNkaujNpaujNyiag

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 04:00:58 PM »
I will try and let you know if it's work or not

MiNkaujNpaujNyiag

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 01:10:12 AM »
Hmm download vlc player didn't do much it's probably because the files are recovery files....

Sifu

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 10:58:34 AM »
Rename your recovery files to test.mp3 or test.avi.  Make sure you change the last 3 extensions to .mp3 or avi depending what it was.  By default extensions are not shown in windows folder, you have to turn it on in the folder options. 

If that doesn't work and you can't open it in an editor (to re-render, omit error section) then that's all you can do. 

You could install a codec pack but for playing mp3 or avi you shouldn't need to; those are already preinstalled.

MiNkaujNpaujNyiag

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:05:53 AM »
Rename your recovery files to test.mp3 or test.avi.  Make sure you change the last 3 extensions to .mp3 or avi depending what it was.  By default extensions are not shown in windows folder, you have to turn it on in the folder options. 

If that doesn't work and you can't open it in an editor (to re-render, omit error section) then that's all you can do. 

You could install a codec pack but for playing mp3 or avi you shouldn't need to; those are already preinstalled.

So how do that can you give me the step by step for it????

Another question what if my word documents has symbols and other characters with numbers, how do i fix that plus the document file look like this f436546 how do i get the original name back??? please tell me what do thanks

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 08:43:57 AM »
WARNING!  If you change the extensions to anything different, especially system files then you risk all kinds of bad juju.  Use this at your own risk.

- Backup files, place copies onto your desktop for easier editing.  if you have a lot of files then make a folder on the desktop and save them in there for now
- Left click windows button, search for 'folder options,' open folder options
- in folder options go to 'view' tab, left click that tab
- scroll down a bit until you see 'hide extensions for known file types,' uncheck that option
- hit apply, leave the window open
- navigate to your backup files, change the name to song.mp3 or video.avi or whatever it was.  it needs to have the exact same 3 extension container to work so if you name an avi file to mp4 it won't work
- try to see if your re-named backup opens by double clicking or using a multimedia editor to see if you can open the file for editing/saving it to a different format or editing out where the problem is.
- when you're done (whether it works or not) go back to the folder options and check 'hide extensions for known file types' back on.  Hit apply and close the windows.

If it works, you're lucky.  If that doesn't work then you don't have many options left.

MiNkaujNpaujNyiag

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 10:34:57 AM »
WARNING!  If you change the extensions to anything different, especially system files then you risk all kinds of bad juju.  Use this at your own risk.

- Backup files, place copies onto your desktop for easier editing.  if you have a lot of files then make a folder on the desktop and save them in there for now
- Left click windows button, search for 'folder options,' open folder options
- in folder options go to 'view' tab, left click that tab
- scroll down a bit until you see 'hide extensions for known file types,' uncheck that option
- hit apply, leave the window open
- navigate to your backup files, change the name to song.mp3 or video.avi or whatever it was.  it needs to have the exact same 3 extension container to work so if you name an avi file to mp4 it won't work
- try to see if your re-named backup opens by double clicking or using a multimedia editor to see if you can open the file for editing/saving it to a different format or editing out where the problem is.
- when you're done (whether it works or not) go back to the folder options and check 'hide extensions for known file types' back on.  Hit apply and close the windows.

If it works, you're lucky.  If that doesn't work then you don't have many options left.

What about the documents files????

Sifu

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 10:12:43 PM »
Same thing, just have to rename your copy to .doc, .txt or whatever it was.  But most of the times this doesn't work.  Again, not guaranteed to work but another option.  Easiest way is to make a backup.  Nowadays with clouds, cheap external storage and free online storage I have no idea why people don't backup their data. 

MiNkaujNpaujNyiag

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 10:36:12 PM »
Same thing, just have to rename your copy to .doc, .txt or whatever it was.  But most of the times this doesn't work.  Again, not guaranteed to work but another option.  Easiest way is to make a backup.  Nowadays with clouds, cheap external storage and free online storage I have no idea why people don't backup their data.

Well i had try once to back up my data but their wasn't enough space plus at that time i didn't have a external hard drive near too so i just reformatted the whole thing... kind of regret it too

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 11:52:01 PM »
VLC is a very powerful decoder software. If you try that and still won't play, you may need to use Super, I think it should still be freeware(GNU). You can try re-encoding the mp3 file again and see if it fix the problem. Be warned though, it's a pretty hard to use software since you can do so many things and there's a lot of details. May need to play around to get the hang of the program.

As far as back up goes, just get a flash thumb drive. Those things are so cheap these days.

Sifu

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 09:42:52 AM »
Now that I think about it my greatest annoyance for Windows system is how an external hard drive will state "you need to format this hard drive before use" or how the Eject and Format options are right under each other.   :D

If the drive was working you should never reformat it but it is still a very possible way to do it on accident. A simple check disk or disk scan (right click drive, properties, tools, disk scan, click scan, autofix checked, scan and hope that fixes it) or restart will fix it.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 11:45:33 PM »
Now that I think about it my greatest annoyance for Windows system is how an external hard drive will state "you need to format this hard drive before use" or how the Eject and Format options are right under each other.   :D

If the drive was working you should never reformat it but it is still a very possible way to do it on accident. A simple check disk or disk scan (right click drive, properties, tools, disk scan, click scan, autofix checked, scan and hope that fixes it) or restart will fix it.

Yeh, I've my fair share of those problems. I don't know if it's syncing problem with the bus but cleaning the contacts on the thumb drive resolve the problem and if you can't open the thumb drive directory, use the windows explorer instead.

Advertisements