Advertisement

Author Topic: This Stang sounds like a bargain when compared to other new cars w/ similar #s  (Read 638 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Lebanon Ford, in Lebanon, Ohio, wants to sell you a 727-horsepower Mustang GT with a Phase 2 Supercharger for exactly $39,995. Somehow, that price is full-delivered. The obvious question is: how the hell is that even possible? Well, there are three components to a custom car: the vehicle, the additional parts, and the labor to install the latter into the former. Because a brand-new Mustang GT costs no less than $32,395 and Roush lists a Phase 2 supercharger kit for $7,549.99, we called the sales department to see how they were doing the math.

Charlie Watson is the Roush parts manager and says the dealer's amazing $39,995 price for a 727-horsepower Mustang is part of a decision they made "to focus on establishing a nationwide base of enthusiasts (note: they'll ship anywhere) rather than making huge profits on each car." By squeezing numbers on each of the three aforementioned components—Mustang GT MSRP, Roush Phase 2 supercharger MSRP and labor—Lebanon Ford is able to get cars out the door for under $40k and still make a little money.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
That is a good tactic to develop a fan base.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements