Advertisement

Author Topic: Toyota On Cracks  (Read 1591 times)

Blongforever

Toyota On Cracks
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »
Designing new front grills that look like these so called "engineers" were on cracks or some sort.  I'm in the market for a new Avalon but shitty grill may be the deciding factor to look elsewhere.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: Toyota On Cracks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 10:06:05 AM »
The Predator grill doesn't look as bad in person.  I'd still take the predator grill over Acura's beak.  Holy hell they're FINALLY going to start changing it. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
I don't like the grill thing either.  It feel so cheap when you touch it not even sturdy.   

Blongforever

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 01:09:52 AM »
You build something that looks good and eye catching.  Not this butt ugly piece of trash in front of a car with no bumper.  Imagine a rabbit or a deer runs across the road and you clip it.  It's gona cose you thousands of dollars of damages.  The Avalon grill looks like a grumpy old men's lips and mouth.  WTF is wrong with Toyota?  I hope them fools see some of the comments online about their brain on cracks design.

Sleipnir

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 09:35:20 AM »
I saw it in person last night too at the dealer...  it looked ugly as hell...  they were also touting their redesign of the Prius...  it looked terrible... 

I was hesitant on the redesign of the Tundra a couple years ago, but those changes were subtle enough it grew on me.  But these new front facia designs...  unforgivable.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:52:03 PM »
You build something that looks good and eye catching.  Not this butt ugly piece of trash in front of a car with no bumper.  Imagine a rabbit or a deer runs across the road and you clip it.  It's gona cose you thousands of dollars of damages.  The Avalon grill looks like a grumpy old men's lips and mouth.  WTF is wrong with Toyota?  I hope them fools see some of the comments online about their brain on cracks design.

I don't think the "comments online" will matter much. What matters to Toyota is, is it selling?

And since the Camry has been the top seller here in pretty much the last decade, I don't see Toyota changing much until their lose profit.

In fact, the Camry and Corolla finished 1, 2 last year...

1. Toyota Camry (361,111 sold):

2. Toyota Corolla (306,693 sold):

Sifu

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 06:46:25 PM »
Numbers don't lie.  Acura fell off the map trying to tout their beak for over a decade.  Toyota /Lexus sales jumped.  I will admit that I'm not crazy about it but it sure is better than the beak or Acura's decade of trying to design their own nameplate. 

Advertisements