Advertisement

Author Topic: 2765, that's how much a full tank s2k weigh  (Read 1087 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
2765, that's how much a full tank s2k weigh
« on: June 28, 2016, 10:09:31 AM »
Not bad I guess.

That's a bit heavier than a stock Integra.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Hitokiri

Re: 2765, that's how much a full tank s2k weigh
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 11:12:45 PM »
Probably because its a convertible. Convertibles are usually a bit heavier even when compared to the same model car with the drop top. The car needs more solid parts because the car isn't as whole or sturdy as a regular car since half of it is literally made without a roof.

Plus lets not forget the S2000 was made after most Integras. People like to think that the cars today weigh less when in fact they weigh more due to the luxury things we like to put in the cars and for safety purposes as well. Let's also remember that the S2000 is a RWD car which also adds on parts to the car that are not found on an Integra.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:15:10 PM by Hitokiri »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 11:35:52 PM »
I knew that....  But I always seenbthe s2k listed mud 2800 lbs like 2850 lbs or something like that.

It was just surprising to see how much it really weighs.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »
Safety has made modern cars pig heavy.

Hitokiri

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 09:09:07 PM »
Safety has made modern cars pig heavy.

Exactly which is sort of sad. Today we're praising cars for getting 40 MPG but in all honesty we already had that years ago.  :-\

The only thing that is holding us back really is weight and the fact that we still love gasoline powered engines.

Advertisements