Advertisement

Author Topic: Durability of the s2k.....man what a weekend  (Read 1733 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Durability of the s2k.....man what a weekend
« on: July 05, 2016, 05:00:24 PM »
So instead of going to Vegas and sac I just decided to go fishing instead to "save" money..

Anyways...i was going and santee lakes becuase you don't need fishing license, just pay a fee and theres nice bas there from what I can see on YouTube.

Anyways...so I was getting off the ramp...and I made a left turn...at around I'd say 25-30 mph...

Anyways...i guess I didn't see the curb...maybe I don't deserve to be driving this car...it's had hail damage, I've jumped those parking stopping cement, and now I jumped a curb at a decent speed.

All of a sudden I heard a kapoonk!  The s2k slid sideways to my right, didn't spin out or anything, I checked my driver side mirror while sliding to see if I had any parts break off...didn't see anything a couple leaf fluttering...

I thought holy crap..somethin g has bound to be broken.  My whole driver side was lopsided...ste ering was no good...obvious ly I attributed it to a possible flat...

I slowly drove it a parking lot...got out and looked at the s2k and both driver side tires blew up.  Double flat tire!

I could only imagine the worst suspension structure wise.

I went ahead and changed out the front tire with the spare...did a quick check on the suspension and everything looked good to go, no bent anything.  I was shocked.

Then I googled a pepboys and drove to it slowly with the other flat.  I had moved my other tires so all my rear tires were the good tires..

I made it and had to get all new tires since..well, staggered stock setup. 

Anyways..ended up not saving money but spending money.  Kinda sucked.

Just got back from the Honda shop for a 4 wheel alignment, they said they didn't see any damage and if there was damage, they wouldn't be able to get it back to spec.  That's what I was hoping to hear.  Drives straight now. 

I was also surprised the stock wheels didn't break or bend or crack and was able to hold air.

There is curb rash but...i was shocked it held up.

I'm pretty sure if it was other kinda wheels it would've been cracked or mangled. 

These are sturdy car.

Im now on the look for new wheels as these don't look nice anymore...

I was thinking just buying OEM CR or other versions of the OEM wheel.

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
Re: Durability of the s2k.....man what a weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 06:17:10 PM »
CR rims are super rare and hard to find here in MN. Maybe more available in Cali. :dontknow:

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:53:20 PM »
I'd just order it from website...

I've seen them.

I like them becuase they show off the calipers and rotor's for when I prepare to make the car pretty.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:13:40 PM »
You talkin OEM or reps?? :dontknow:

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 01:00:14 AM »
OEM, it's only like 200 bucks I think.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 01:07:30 AM »
I'm looking at what rims would look nice on the s2000....

and honestly, to me, nothing looks better than oem. 

Except for HFP.. but they are thinner.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 01:17:26 AM »
$360 a rim is a lot but OEM always costs a lot.

For that kind of money, I'd wait for a nice set of used Volks to pop up. Those are easier to find in SoCal compared to MN.  No reps for me.  :P

I run 18" Advan RG's on mine.  O0

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 04:41:50 PM »
You've destroyed that S2000 in such a short amount of time.  :-[

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »
It's till good. 

Just need new rims, fix the dents and a new roof.

My mistake was using it for a DD.   I'd like to get another car but space doesn't permit me now.   

Cool thing about having a few cars is...you ride one for a week and then change to the other one for a week etc etc...you realize how much enjoy driving the other one.

When I had my civic and driving back and forth  with the teggie I realize how much I enjoy the teggie, then when I switch to the civic, I realize how much i enjoy driving the civic...same with the s2k.

But out of all the cars I had during that one year span..the civic, the other civic, the s2k, the prelude, and the teggie, I enjoy the teggie the most.  It just revs so nicely and effortlessly.   

« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:32:35 PM by thePoster »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 05:33:12 PM »
I've seen a cheap civic si I was thinking about getting but...i got no space!

Advertisements