Advertisement

Author Topic: Volunteer taxation  (Read 1492 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Volunteer taxation
« on: July 10, 2016, 12:48:52 PM »
Does it work?

Let's say the government abandon forced taxation and let the decisions decide whatever they want to give to the government.

Do you think corporations will pay any tax?
Do you think rich people will pay any tax?
Do you think poor people will pay any tax?

Who will pay for the police, the roads, and the school.  I have no children, so why should I pay to school other people's children?  I don't have a house, so why should I pay for fire fighter?  I ride a bicycle, why should I pay for the roads.  I have billions, and I can open more business in China, so why should I put money into the US?  When the US hit bottom, I can hire them at low cost at the cost I pay the Chinese worker. 

Of course, this does not only apply to taxation.  Let's just say remove all regulations.  Will corporations clean up their pollution?  Will citizens clean up their crash?

Some people are so naive they think it will work.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteer taxation
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 10:40:42 PM »
Distorting again?

Nobody is against paying for roads. And since it seems that you've been given a subpar education from public schooling, apparently you're completely unaware that wealthy individuals and businesses have erected public buildings. 

bulbasaur

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 12:21:11 AM »
Fuel for the Fire...

Blue collar workers literally erect public buildings. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:35:02 AM »
Low-wage workers literally made your expensive shoes and your fancy smartphones.

We all know that if it came down to voluntary taxation, Liberals are the LAST to donate. A study showed that Liberals are the least likely to donate to their own causes. This means another biatch and moan moment from the everso compassionate Liberals. What will happen through voluntary taxation is that Conservatives and Libertarians will put their money where their mouth is. Their causes and organization would rise to great heights, meanwhile Liberal causes die off or suffer. Liberals will claim it's racism, bigotry, discrimination, and hate because Conservatives don't donate to their cause.

The misfits are crying about it again. We know that they lose if facts actually came into play. This is why they try to win by numbers - make other people feel like misfits so they will join the team. O0

bulbasaur

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 04:26:27 PM »
Facts that come into play...

What is the 2/3 Compromise?   :2funny:

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 12:59:21 AM »
At the end of the day if you want to be charitable then it is well within your right. However, why do you think it's right to force everybody into charity through legislation, especially to causes that only you care about?

Take bulba, for example. Dude be displaying his shoe fetish like a hormonally imbalanced and insecure Carrie Bradshaw on "Sex and The City". However, the money that he spends on footwear could easily support an inner-city black kid at a local community college. He doesn't need the government to mandate it through taxation. Dude could just go write a check at the Student Financial Office.

And since you're doing so well yourself, you could also pay the whole monthly rent for a low-income family living in the middle of Detroit without Section 8 having to subsidize.

And I don't suggest that you and bulba do this as a one time basis. I mean that you should pick a person/family to be charitable for the rest of their lives because that's basically what liberal policies propose. Lifetime.

But again, you Liberals think you're such angels because you support government social programs. You like the idea of compassion so it must automatically make you a compassionate person.  :idiot2:
:2funny:

All it takes is one financially stable person to adopt a poor family/person and pay for their well-being for the rest of their lives and poverty will be eradicated.  :2funny:

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 01:27:13 AM »
Basically, Liberals such as yourself support social causes so that you can feel good about yourself at the end of the day. You can think of yourself as a good and compassionate person without actually doing the legwork.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 03:41:52 AM »
You can volunteer to pay tax right now.  Well not really but here me out. 

The gov takes your tax dollars from your paycheck to fund his public works and he will give it back to you during tax time.  It is his way of borrowing your money without paying you interest.  I volunteer to claim on my withholding such that by tax time, i am either getting a small return or we call it even. 

In this way, the gov will not borrow from you and your paycheck will be larger.  Then one may question if everyone plays this strategy, who will pick up the tab? Well not to worry.  There are still people who enjoys the rewards of getting that big tax return check so they do not mind the gov to hold their money till then. 

I do not mind either but it is the tought of the gov borrowing from you without paying you interest is the deal breaker for me. 

Tax volunteering at work right there.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements