Advertisement

Author Topic: Homemade Kimchi Soup w/Shrimp  (Read 3343 times)

zena

Homemade Kimchi Soup w/Shrimp
« on: July 26, 2016, 01:32:26 PM »
First I tried it with ramen and it was good but the second time I just did it without noodles and had it with rice and kimchi on the side.  This is such a light and delicious and spicy soup.  I'm the only one who eats it because husband and the kids hate the smell. 

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Homemade Kimchi Soup w/Shrimp
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:38:27 PM »
Looks good, thanks for sharing! O0

Like this post: +1

can

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
does your kids and husband normally eat more American food. that looks very good. I'm a huge kimchi fan.

Like this post: 0

zena

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 09:38:53 PM »
does your kids and husband normally eat more American food. that looks very good. I'm a huge kimchi fan.

I make all kinds of cultural foods so I'm not sure what you mean by American food.  The goulash is German or Hungarian and the kids love it.  My youngest, who is 9-years-old, has never eaten a hamburger in her life.  She has had the hamburger meat cut up and eats it with rice though.  She also has never eaten a slice of bread or a sandwich in her life.  She does eat pizzas and the pizza crust and cinnamon buns though, but never bread outright.  She loves pho, kapoon, white rice, purple sticky rice and eats it with everything: eggs, boiled chicken, fried chicken, etc.  My oldest prefers mashed potatoes over rice but she too loves pho to death and kapoon.  I guess I've never separated American food from other cultures.  They are well rounded in food and culture and just don't eat stuff they don't like and has nothing to do with whether it is American or Hmong.  I've never made it an issue so they don't see it as two separate things.  Food is just food to them.  Same with husband.  He eats what tastes good.  He likes all kinds of cultural food just like me.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:42:03 PM by moonangel »

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 10:00:42 AM »
Do you make your own kimchee?

zena

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »
Do you make your own kimchee?

Not yet but I did do a ton of research (Google, YT, and Pinterest) and I think I have a recipe I'd like to use.  Initially, it looked overwhelming because most the recipes I saw made a ton of the stuff but I did find some that makes a smaller batch, like one to two jars only, which is what I'm going for since I am the only one who will be eating it.

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 03:10:11 PM »
It does look overwhelming, the ingredients alone is long enough to make me stare at it for a good long time. Surprisingly enough my brother makes his own and he says he prefers homemade to the store bought ones because you can control how much to add of one ingredient verses already made ones. He likes it extra hot LOL.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 10:53:45 PM »
So when are you inviting me over to eat?!?!?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

zena

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
Come over anytime.  I always make enough for 10 people...don't know why but it's probably just how I was raised. 

btw, this is an easy dish to make.  Have your GF/Wife throw a few things together.  :)

gwenhyfara

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 12:18:07 AM »
Can you post the recipe for the kimchee soup?

zena

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
Can you post the recipe for the kimchee soup?

Here is the link to the recipe that I used.

http://divinehealthyfood.com/healthy-homemade-kimchi-ramen/

I found it on Pinterest.  There are other variations too but some of them required ingredients I didn't have or took too long to make/too complex, etc. 

zena

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 03:59:20 PM »
btw, I added the mushrooms, greens, and shrimp to mine.

Advertisements