Advertisement

Author Topic: Sambal Oelek Kapoon  (Read 2814 times)

zena

Sambal Oelek Kapoon
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »
This is the way I've been making my kapoon.  The kids and even my husband eats this.  My youngest loves it!  They don't like it heavy with the red curry.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Fancee

• Global Moderator
  • Shine bright like a diamond
  • Respect: +340
    • View Profile
    • First Financial Security Senior Associate
Re: Sambal Oelek Kapoon
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »
Looks good!

Do you put coconut milk in it, too?

Life insurance with living benefits.
Life insurance with a savings plan.
http://clients.firsfinancialsecurity.com/WF1700

zena

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 06:40:21 PM »
Yes, there is coconut milk added.

zena

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 07:01:34 PM »
Oh no...this is real kapoon.  It is basically kapoon without the curry paste but with Samba Oelek.  It's just not too spicy (or oily) because my little one can't eat spicy stuff but she still likes the flavor of the broth.  I don't put any fish sauce 'cause they don't like fish sauce and they don't like adding herbs so the flavor has to stand on its own.  I only add the herbs for myself.  My oldest will not eat boiled chicken in broth but she loves my kapoon.

I have had the kapoon you are talking about at a cousin's house and I can't stand it 'cause it's pretty much like eating chicken in chicken broth with noodles.

can

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 08:16:01 PM »
kapoon and pho are to die for. looks great. I love my noodles spicy.  :D

Like this post: +1

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 10:54:32 PM »
I like mine super red.

Like this post: +1
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 04:46:47 PM »
I do with chicken, pork, etc. whatever I have that is available.  My kids like those quail eggs.  I start using my mom homemade curry that she grind up and fried.  I'm cutting back on eating kapoon.

With quail eggs........

zena

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 02:42:05 PM »
Looks delicious, Summerberry.  I'm lazy so I don't add a lot of extra stuff like meatballs and eggs.  I like it quick and simple (like everything else in my life, except art...'cause you can't rush art) so I do just the very basic with the most amount of taste.  And really, it's 'cause the kids don't eat kapoon with anything. They don't like bamboo either, but once I made it without bamboo, and they said it didn't taste right so now they're willing to put up with the bamboo for the taste.  They just scoop it off to the side or give it to me to eat. 

Speaking of quail eggs, I've made sweet pork with quail eggs before.  It was okay.  For some reason I don't like quail eggs so much.  I had a friend who made kao piek with quail eggs and I ended up scooping out all the eggs and tossing them 'cause I just don't like them.  I haven't given up on them though.  Just maybe wasn't in the mood those times.

Advertisements