Advertisement

Author Topic: A poor man's Mercedes cost less than a Civic according to Road and Track  (Read 772 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I've never really been a fan of Mercedes' looks but for those that just have to have that luxury name plate but don't want or can't afford to spend a lot for it, this model is for you  ;D:

You Can Buy a Brand New Mercedes For Less Than a Loaded Civic

Mercedes-Benz began its big push downmarket in the U.S. with the CLA250 in 2013, but now it's entering uncharted territory price wise. The CLA initially had a base price under $30,000, but now there's a rear-drive, diesel-powered Mercedes you can buy for the price of a price of a loaded Honda Civic. Bargain of the century?

I'm talking, of course, about the just-announced Mercedes-Benz Metris Worker Cargo van, which has a base price of just $25,995. Yes, I used an unreasonably clickbait-y headline to get you to this story, but it's not wrong: the Metris Worker Cargo is a brand new vehicle with both a three-pointed star, and an MSRP lower than a Honda Civic Touring.

So, what do you get for your $25,995? Uh, not much, but that's the point. This is a totally stripped-out work truck, mainly designed for fleet usage. It has a 2.0-liter four-cylinder that 208 horsepower, and a seven-speed automatic to send power to the rear-wheels. The Metris Worker Cargo only comes in white, but the $29,995 Metris Worker Passenger van offers silver and black paint as an option.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

TheDeviousOne

4 Cylinder and Work Truck??? Turn on Air Condition and you go down to 3 cylinders.

Trouble excites me!

Like this post: 0

Advertisements