Advertisement

Poll

Should you marry a Vue girl?  

Don't do it! You know the consequences!
It doesn't matter.  It's all superstition.
I don't know why this is an issue. Why is it considered bad?

Author Topic: Don't Marry a Vue Girl!  (Read 11208 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Marry a Vue Girl!
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 12:42:27 AM »
This is why some parents do not like their sons to marry Vue girls. It basically means that he will go and be slaves to her brothers because of the curse. The Hmong traditions also make it very easy for Vue men to abuse it. They will treat their sister like s.hit but expect her and the hubby to kiss their a.ss. And they will treat her husband like crap. I have witnessed cases where the Vue clan were total a.ssholes during marriage negotiations.

However, there are good Vue families who don't associate with this curse and don't abuse it to take advantage of their son-in-law. So if you plan to marry a Vue girl just make sure you do your homework on her family and immediate uncles. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 12:43:30 AM »
By the way, it is very funny that you mentioned knowing of some problems with the Vue in Sacramento. Yes, I know about how some of them are major pricks.

NkaujNom

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 05:37:22 PM »
My mother told me once that the reason why Yangs are forbidden to eat heart is because many years ago, there were two close Yang cousins. They quarreled and one of the cousins murdered the other one, then cooked and ate his heart. He was punished, but as remembrance of the one who was killed, the Yang clan vowed to never eat heart again no matter where or what it is from. It did not stem from fear of curse. Rather it is their way of respecting and remembering the murdered clan member.

As far as not marrying a "Vue" or any other clan girl, that's just absurdity. Rumors and unsettled family feuds... ::)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 07:13:36 PM »
hey, the curse only works if its a very pretty Vue girl so yalls stay far away from the pretty ones, for you own safety.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »
When OG tell you that certain clan is "tsi huv", it means they are a clan of "mob nrua" or leprosy. But we all know that leprosy is caused by a virus and it can be cured if detected early enough.

I personally know a cousin that married a Vue girl and they turned out fine... Besides, most Vue girls I've met are, on average, better looking than other clans.  O0

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

zena

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 08:57:23 PM »
This topic is interesting.  Here's a different angle: you say, "Don't marry a Vue girl because of this and that about them," so all the Hmong guys are freaking out and won't even look at a Vue girl.  So the Vue girls go and marry out of race and then the Hmong guys say, "There's no more Hmong girls for the Hmong guys 'cause the "other races" are taking them away."  ::)

And, it's not just Vue girls but there's all kinds of superstitions on all the last names.

Blongforever

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 01:07:44 AM »
I'm not gonna go into the history of it all, but some of you might know what I am talking about.  Anyways, the big question: Do young people today (under 25) even consider this anymore?  Has this gone the way of black cats and broken mirrors?  It would be interesting to know what kids today think.

I'm not under 25 but please give me a hot Vue girl.  I'll fac this stupid Vue taboo alone for God sake.

NkaujNom

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »
...then the Hmong guys say, "There's no more Hmong girls for the Hmong guys 'cause the "other races" are taking them away."  ::)

LOL!!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
Where's my hot Vue girl?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »

"...

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 12:08:05 PM »
This topic is interesting.  Here's a different angle: you say, "Don't marry a Vue girl because of this and that about them," so all the Hmong guys are freaking out and won't even look at a Vue girl.  So the Vue girls go and marry out of race and then the Hmong guys say, "There's no more Hmong girls for the Hmong guys 'cause the "other races" are taking them away."  ::)

And, it's not just Vue girls but there's all kinds of superstitions on all the last names.

Just my observation but I have seen more Vue girls married outside of ethnicity than the others. And stupid superstitions like that do tend to make some guys stay away. More for those who don't care about stuff like that.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 04:52:12 AM »
Vue girls are hot and people are jealous of them all the time. It's becoming an epic belief.

So what is the story behind it?

"...

nooneever

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 02:48:48 PM »
At this point, I'm more curious about the superstition than the poll results.  Why is it bad to marry a Vue girl?

Advertisements