Advertisement

Author Topic: where is god?  (Read 18731 times)

bulbasaur

Re: where is god?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 08:20:02 PM »
*yawns*

1. "By default" means "without opposition."  Your argument poses no opposition to his.  hmgrock's argument hold extremely little validity, but extremely little is better than none.  Your argument has none. 

2.  You can go into court, not present a strong argument, and still win because the opposition made such a poor argument.  In fact, it has happened quite a bit.  Watch Judge Judy (she's not a real judge, but it still works).  Some people don't say anything; the other person will simply talk their way into guilt. 

3.  So.. We're both wrong.  But you declare him the victor.  Huh.  How does that work?  Refer to the Moon Argument.

4. So first you say he won by default.  Then you say he won because I was more wrong.  Then you say the bolded statement. making up imaginary rules to declare him the victor?  All those things are true and not exclusive from each other.  He did win by default because you are more wrong.  Your argument pose no opposition to his.  Plus, these are not "imaginary rules."  These are actually debate rules.  hmgrock posed a claim.  He supported it (poorly).  You posted a counter-claim that doesn't actually debunk his.  Guess what?  He wins. 

How does he win again? "By default" is all you keep referring to.
Must be the first time you see his post.  He doesn't defend himself often.  How do you win when you don't even defend your own claim?   You forfeit that round.
But hey that's new logic for me.  "I can win by not replying back with counter-arguments." Let me go try that in court see if it works.

So.. We're both wrong.  But you declare him the victor.  Huh.  How does that work?  If we're both wrong, we both loss.   How do you win if you are wrong yourself? Or are you saying 2 wrongs make a right?
So first you say he won by default.  Then you say he won because I was more wrong.  Then you say the bolded statement.

making up imaginary rules to declare him the victor?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 08:40:52 PM »
So let's go back to the "Moon Argument."

Why is Person 2 "more wrong," and why does Person 1 win by default? 

As crazy as it is to think that the Moon is made up of mostly gases, the alternative argument is clearly impossible.  We know that celestial bodies can be gaseous, but there is absolutely no evidence that any celestial body is made of cheese.  We actually know what the Moon is made of, so both ideas are wrong. But if we are only given these two options, the first option is better than the second because the second argument is just outright absurd.   

Relating back the topic, both arguments are weak.  But, one is clearly more absurd than the other. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »
So let's go back to the "Moon Argument."

Why is Person 2 "more wrong," and why does Person 1 win by
default? 

As crazy as it is to think that the Moon is made up of mostly gases, the alternative argument is clearly impossible.  We know that celestial bodies can be gaseous, but there is absolutely no evidence that any celestial body is made of cheese.  We actually know what the Moon is made of, so both ideas are wrong. But if we are only given these two options, the first option is better than the second because the second argument is just outright absurd.   

Relating back the topic, both arguments are weak.  But, one is clearly more absurd than the other.

You need to learn that there is no such thing as a worst answer.  All questions are just as important as all replies are just as great. 

Trump or Hilary, the worst or the worst of the worst?  Either way, one worst will win whether you care or not. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

bulbasaur

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »
Reading comprehension is important.

You need to learn that there is no such thing as a worst answer.  All questions are just as important as all replies are just as great. 

Trump or Hilary, the worst or the worst of the worst?  Either way, one worst will win whether you care or not.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 08:55:57 PM »
where is god?
why are these stuff going unnoticed by him?

470,000 estimated death so far!!!
little kids being killed in airstrike

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/world/middleeast/death-toll-from-war-in-syria-now-470000-group-finds.html?_r=0

Casualties of the Syrian Civil War. Estimates of deaths in the Syrian Civil War, per opposition activist groups, vary between 250,000 and 470,000. On 23 April 2016, the United Nations and Arab League Envoy to Syria put out an estimate of 400,000 that had died in the war.

God did not created man...man created god

bulbasaur

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 08:59:08 PM »
So you are saying that you are not even halfway there?   :idiot2:

You are not helping your argument.

Knowing is only half the battle.

bulbasaur

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2016, 09:06:38 PM »
SPAM!  Give this person a warning!   :2funny:

Knowing is only half the battle.

bulbasaur

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2016, 09:08:59 PM »
Notice that the people who are against hmgrock have dropped ALL their arguments.  They prefer to attack users or go off topic.  This is the reason why hmgrock wins.  It is a moot victory, but a victory nonetheless.  Just a sad day for Christianity. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »
annoymouse

where is your god?
why is stuff like these going unnotice by him?

470,000 death so far

bulbasaur

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2016, 09:12:40 PM »
If you want to show that your argument is the better one, then prove it.  Don't complain about it.  I already illustrated all the problems with your argument, and you don't even deny it.  So what is your problem? 

By your own clarifications .  He dropped his arguments since he never replied back.  So he forfeit. Thus he loses.

But I guess.  You'll make up some new imaginary rule to keep him the victor right?

bulbasaur

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 09:16:10 PM »
Not knowing means you have a long way to go in the battle.  Yup.   :2funny:

bulbasaur

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2016, 09:17:17 PM »
See, this is why your argument loses to hmgrock.  He never said he prayed to science or cops.  Knowing is half the battle, and you don't know what he is saying.

My god is all around the world. 
Things happen because of free will.  They aren't going unnoticed.

Where is your science or the cops you claim you pray to.
Why is this stuff going unnoticed by them?

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »
My god is all around the world. 
Things happen because of free will.  They aren't going unnoticed.

Where is your science or the cops you claim you pray to.
Why is this stuff going unnoticed by them?

jesus say:

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

the sheep (aka the syrian people) are being killed by airstrike and etc.....
where is the shepherd?
where is god?

why isn't he helping the syrian people?

bulbasaur

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2016, 09:25:31 PM »
They aren't imaginary rules; they are basic logic and debate rules.  Don't hate the playa, hate the game. 

If we go by stuff people have said in other threads, you would definitely be wrong.  Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  Using that logic, Science doesn't kill people, people kill people.    No matter how to look at it, you are wrong somewhere. 

You can debate in any manner you like.  That doesn't mean you make any sense. 

And I countered back and you resorted to imaginary rules no one agreed upon.   Funny how he didn't do any of this and you declare him the victor.  Even by your own rules he loss, but you declare him a victor.

ironic.  Making up rules to help him and he still loses.

He said it in another thread.  And if you're going to say it's invalid.  You did the same thing with the gun debate and the nonsense football stuff.   

I also don't recall anyone saying that you got to decide what rules we argue by.

bulbasaur

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2016, 09:33:32 PM »
Because I am such a nice guy, I'll make the argument that anonymouse should have made.  He may not learn anything from all of this, but maybe someone out there might learn something from reading this....

In the Book of Job, God allowed Satan to do whatever he wanted to Job except kill him.  His response, "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised."  The Bible clearly insinuates that people should have the same view of God as Job.  We are people are not supposed to (or capable) of knowing God's plan, but we are supposed to put our faith in God. 

So why do bad things happen to good people?  Or, why do good things happen to bad people?  There are several passages stating that no one is righteous.  And, there are several passages stating the mercy of God.  I would list them, but that can be your homework. 

See.  It's not that hard to show up hmgrock's argument.  I even threw in a Bible lesson for you. 

Advertisements