Advertisement

Author Topic: This should give you even more reasons to "dump" him  (Read 1117 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
This should give you even more reasons to "dump" him
« on: November 04, 2016, 03:03:22 PM »
Easy enough to be truthful and let him know it's not working out and point him to the right directions to get help:

I can’t dump him or he’ll kill himself

I’ve been with “Derek” for two months. We’re both 14, and had an on-and-off friendship before it started.

Derek has a history of mental illness (including depression and anxiety). Lately, he has started talking about things like college plans and even marriage.

He flatters me nonstop and says repeatedly how “perfect” and “goddess-like” I am, completely degrading himself in the process. He says he is “weak, stupid and ugly” compared to me.

I’m afraid to dump him because Derek has attempted suicide several times in the past and has hinted at doing it again if I do. I can’t say the words to him with that hanging over me. His parents are unreachable, and he’s already on medication.

Derek has refused counseling in the past. I’m really afraid, but I can’t stand staying in this relationship much longer. Thoughts?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FetishDream

Re: This should give you even more reasons to "dump" him
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »
Dear abby,

buy him some life insurance and see if he will kill himself. 

end rant

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: This should give you even more reasons to "dump" him
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:32:59 AM »
Being 14, she should let her parents know of this crazy boy. Then find a way to move far away, cancel phone numbers, email, Facebook, whatever she gots to do. 

10 years down the line, she'll realize he's still alive.

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Advertisements