Advertisement

Author Topic: Rogue One: A Star Wars Movie  (Read 2562 times)

zena

Rogue One: A Star Wars Movie
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:47:01 PM »
Did you hear that Fandango crashed on pre-sale ticket opening day?  Crazy.

I want to see it but I'm sure it'll be in theaters for awhile. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Movie
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 10:48:55 PM »
I love how they use different accents for the characters.  How did they go about planning that out?  Little things like that make the movie, I think.

can

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »
i would like to see this movie also but i think i'm going to wait until it comes out on video cause no one i know wants to see this movie. oh well.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »
i keep asking myself what do people see in star wars movie that i dont then i ask myself im just like one of those geeks when a new superhero movie comes out so it make sense except star-wars draws more crowds, im not a big star wars fan nor i dont hate it but i probably sit this one out when its release later next year

zena

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »
I was never a big Star Wars fan and I hated that one episode where that CGI thing looked like a walking horse...ugh, that one really made me stay away for a long time.

I like the way they make Star Wars now with the girls in the leading roles but it's not overly done so other characters get the spotlight too.  It's just well made with great acting, great story line, CGI, etc.  These days most movies have either good CGI and bad acting or good acting and bad CGI.  I'm very impressed with Disney for putting $$ to have both.

zena

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 02:01:25 PM »
Yay!  Went to see it this morning.  Loved it!  The ending almost made me cry.  Princess Leia.  :'(

can

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
read a lot of bad reviews on this movie. went to see it and it was very good. not sure what others were expecting. some of the people i went with were very surprised at the end. had to remind them none of those characters were in "a new hope". was amazingly impressed that donnie yen had such impeccable english.

8/10

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 08:30:19 PM »
read a lot of bad reviews on this movie. went to see it and it was very good. not sure what others were expecting. some of the people i went with were very surprised at the end. had to remind them none of those characters were in "a new hope". was amazingly impressed that donnie yen had such impeccable english.

8/10

Majority of Donnie's life was spent in the US.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

zena

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 02:06:33 PM »
Donnie's English was dubbed or voiced over in certain parts.  I saw him on Jimmy Kimmel and his English was good but it wasn't that articulated.  I was actually a little bummed to hear him dubbed/voiced over.

can

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 03:44:54 PM »
Donnie's English was dubbed or voiced over in certain parts.  I saw him on Jimmy Kimmel and his English was good but it wasn't that articulated.  I was actually a little bummed to hear him dubbed/voiced over.
he sounds a lot better than jackie chan but i enjoy jackie's movies more.  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 10:36:59 PM »

Are you sure? I didn't sense any "dubbed or voiced over" from Yen...I also watched him speaking English on talk shows, YouTube, etc., and it's not fluent but it's pretty good..

Do you have a source?

I know they dubbed the Spanish Actor's voice but that was put out for public knowledge..

Advertisements