Advertisement

Author Topic: Want an extra 4 whp? No mod needed.. just change your gas.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Want an extra 4 whp? No mod needed.. just change your gas.
« on: December 19, 2016, 10:17:49 AM »
OF course...  octane rating will affect it...

I have seen 100 octane "race" fuel at the pump in the past... If it is still there, I'd probably give it a shot once!

I am glad to be on the east coast because on the west coast, you'll never find 93 octane.  Only 91...

I like 93's and up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaBngvsPrc

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1328
    • View Profile
Re: Want an extra 4 whp? No mod needed.. just change your gas.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 12:24:15 AM »
OF course...  octane rating will affect it...

I have seen 100 octane "race" fuel at the pump in the past... If it is still there, I'd probably give it a shot once!

I am glad to be on the east coast because on the west coast, you'll never find 93 octane.  Only 91...

I like 93's and up.

Incorrect as there are gas stations that carry "93 octane" fuel in CA, OR, WA (all "west coast" states) but not surprised...

There are also stations that carry 100 octane race fuel in the "west coast"...

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »
So whay youre saying is i should drive 200 miles to get 93 octane...

I didnt realize you make so much sense!

I dot mean to be mean but you have no common sense.

Ive also been from san diego up to sac and every gas station i stopped at didnt offer 93, 91 was the highest. 

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:09:18 AM by thePoster »

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

vl

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:49:33 AM »
You can find 100 octane in a couple of places here in Minnesota, but most people just run E85 since it's cheaper, and is available in a lot more locations.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 11:21:03 AM »
So whay youre saying is i should drive 200 miles to get 93 octane...

I didnt realize you make so much sense!

I dot mean to be mean but you have no common sense.

Ive also been from san diego up to sac and every gas station i stopped at didnt offer 93, 91 was the highest.

I'm saying that when you make ignorant statements like:

"I am glad to be on the east coast because on the west coast, you'll never find 93 octane.  Only 91..."

You are wrong and we don't need more naïve people repeating this cycle of "no common sense" so a correction is needed....What's worst is when a teachable moment occurs and correction is provided, some ignorant people get all offended instead of being thankful for the education...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 11:42:32 AM »

Then you haven't been to the ones that carries it. I've stopped by the Shell in Chula Vista and saw it. I've also seen some gas stations in the L.A. and Bay Area that carry 93 octane fuel so saying things like "on the west coast, you'll never find 93 octane" is simply put, wrong...Even if you can't learn from your error, I hope others reading this thread can get the correct information.

vl

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 12:37:59 PM »
Guys, 93 octane has nothing on E85.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »
I cant believe youre really going to get all arguementive over this.

Oh wells.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 01:25:25 PM »

I can't believe you're really going to get all offended and defensive over this when it's a fact that you're wrong...Actual ly I can as it's not the first time I've seen this behavior and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last...

To others reading this thread that may not know, don't believe everything you read on the net or hearsay. Do your research so you are factually informed.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 01:28:44 PM »
Guys, 93 octane has nothing on E85.

Performance wise, it could be better depending on the vehicle and application. With that said, if the vehicle is not built for E85, it could destroy internal parts within the fuel system.

vl

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 02:43:22 PM »
Performance wise, it could be better depending on the vehicle and application. With that said, if the vehicle is not built for E85, it could destroy internal parts within the fuel system.

In which applications have you found that E85 was beneficial depending on the vehicle?  and what cases have you seen where E85 destroyed the fuel system?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 03:09:58 PM »
You really like to belittle and degrade and talk down to people don't you?

Words like "ignorant" are actually really strong words used to... well like I said, belittle, degrade and talk down to people.

Not that it bother's me, it just reaffirms a lot about you.

That's why I say you like to think you're always right about everything and with you, it's always your way is the only way. 

I see you like to pass yourself off as high and almighty and better than everyone else but if you really examine yourself, which you never will, you'll see you're actually not a very nice person.

But you're unable to see it.

What's the last nice thing you've ever done?  Nothing I bet unless it benefitted you I bet.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 03:58:15 PM »
In which applications have you found that E85 was beneficial depending on the vehicle?  and what cases have you seen where E85 destroyed the fuel system?

Ethanol ignites slower and cooler charge so vehicles with proper tuning and timing for E85 could benefit from it. E85 has been known to corrode fuel lines and destroy rubber parts in some vehicles' fuel system, for example some BMW models.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 04:14:45 PM »
You really like to belittle and degrade and talk down to people don't you?

Correcting incorrect "ignorant" information is NOT "belittle and degrade and talk down to people" but I don't expect you to understand that.

For example, when someone correct me when in fact I'm wrong, I say my bad and thanked them for the correction as that's how I learn.

Words like "ignorant" are actually really strong words used to... well like I said, belittle, degrade and talk down to people.

Doesn't matter as it's a bad word and it's used quiet often especially when the information posted is incorrect.

Not that it bother's me, it just reaffirms a lot about you.

That's why I say you like to think you're always right about everything and with you, it's always your way is the only way. 

Not surprised that you still have that ASSumption but I don't care as open minded people like me can accept others' views as long as it's correct and also accept corrections from others when I'm factually proven wrong as my way is NOT the only way. And I have accepted others' corrections and learn from it instead of getting all offended/defensive...

I see you like to pass yourself off as high and almighty and better than everyone else but if you really examine yourself, which you never will, you'll see you're actually not a very nice person.

But you're unable to see it.

What's the last nice thing you've ever done?  Nothing I bet unless it benefitted you I bet.

Again, don't care about your ASSumption, and not surprised as I don't pass myself as "high and almighty" or "better than everyone else"...which is why I use lines like "opinions vary".

A "nice" person is definitely NOT someone that gets all offended and defensive even though he's wrong when others corrected his errors..

The "last nice thing" I've done was to correct your wrong information in this thread so others reading it don't blindly go by ignorant information posted on here and learn a thing or two...

Hitokiri

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 06:23:12 PM »
I don't think a car really response to higher octane unless the car is "tuned" for it. Even if there is a small advantage a person still isn't taking full advantage of it and is probably wasting more money for the benefits they're getting from higher octane gas.

So the question is...is the extra money worth 4 HP? Probably not. Get a tune though and that could easily be doubled or tripled.

Advertisements