Advertisement

Author Topic: NY GIANTS | SHURMUR  (Read 1460 times)

LION HEART

NY GIANTS | SHURMUR
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:58:36 AM »
It is all but set in stone as Pat Shurmur will become the next head coach of the NY Giants.  With that said, who does he take to NY with him, Case Keenum, Sam Bradford, or both QBs?  Both are free agents. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: NY GIANTS | SHURMUR
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:11:57 AM »
Bradford for sure........gu y is too injury prone

LION HEART

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:24:00 AM »
Bradford for sure........gu y is too injury prone

Bradford's playing days are nearly over.  His injuries and the wear and tear of it have him in a similar situation as former Blazers/Wolves player, Brandon Roy.  Keenum will get paid and goes with Shurmur to NY.  Bridgewater is also a free agent so after this season, the Vikings do not have a QB! :2funny:

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
Yup he is heading that way. Rick Spielman would be dumb not to sign Keenum to a long term contract.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

LION HEART

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 06:44:02 PM »
Yup he is heading that way. Rick Spielman would be dumb not to sign Keenum to a long term contract.

Put yourselves in the shoes of the QB.  Would you play for a new coordinator that you're unfamiliar with or follow the guy who set you up for success?  I would go with the latter especially since it would allow me to compete for the starting QB position in NY as Eli Manning is a free agent in 2020 and could be traded or released this off-season.  If Spielman and Ziggy wanted Keenum, they would have already signed him to an extension.  I believe the door is closed.

LION HEART

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 07:03:55 PM »
Don't they have #2 pick?

Get a QB.  which? I don't know..  Not fond of them. . Maybe Mayfield?

Most likely will be a QB at that spot; Darnold or Rosen but they won't be ready to play right away.   Mayfield should not be a top 10 pick; late first round early second.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 07:59:16 PM »
Put yourselves in the shoes of the QB.  Would you play for a new coordinator that you're unfamiliar with or follow the guy who set you up for success?  I would go with the latter especially since it would allow me to compete for the starting QB position in NY as Eli Manning is a free agent in 2020 and could be traded or released this off-season.  If Spielman and Ziggy wanted Keenum, they would have already signed him to an extension.  I believe the door is closed.

Keenum would be okay with a new OC, it will not be a drastic change for him. He’s been around. NYG Loves  Manning so I don’t see Shurmur in his first year going that route and I certainly do not see Keenum taking a backup job when he can get paid with his rising stock now.

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 08:03:05 PM »
Don't they have #2 pick?

Get a QB.  which? I don't know..  Not fond of them. . Maybe Mayfield?

Certainly a need, unless they prefer FA QB and I feel that they are not looking to rebuild but just a key players here and there.

Theravada

Advertisements